Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Podcast's Question Please

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    All of the people who I think would be on a P-F podcast in some manner have already been on most of the podcasts already mentioned. Not mentioned yet is the Practical Pistol Show (Ben Stoeger) who has had Gabe White on.
    True, but Ben's podcast is pure gaming. While not horrible, it's not TOTALLY relevant to the concealed carrier. And trying to track down all of the podcasts that have people like Gabe, Steve Fisher, Paul Sharp, and Darryl Bolke on them all the time talking specifically concealed carrier things is having subscriptions to A LOT of different podcasts that you're not consuming most of their content on.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    True, but Ben's podcast is pure gaming. While not horrible, it's not TOTALLY relevant to the concealed carrier. And trying to track down all of the podcasts that have people like Gabe, Steve Fisher, Paul Sharp, and Darryl Bolke on them all the time talking specifically concealed carrier things is having subscriptions to A LOT of different podcasts that you're not consuming most of their content on.

I think once you're a little seasoned it's gonna be hard to find the discussion you're looking for in that format. Ballistic Radio is good but unless you're new the value drops, Seeklander's show is decent but it can be a hard listen and lots of the stuff isn't so much repetitive but blurs together, and Practically Tactical but people mentioned above they didn't like Jeff so...

Tom Givens could do a Rangemaster podcast but I struggle to see how there would be good, ongoing, content. Concealed carry doesn't evolve at the pace that podcasts can support and I suspect that's why the Rangemaster newsletter is what it is rather than more frequent.
    Last edited by orionz06; 09-22-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think once you're a little seasoned it's gonna be hard to find the discussion you're looking for in that format. Ballistic Radio is good but unless you're new the value drops, Seeklander's show is decent but it can be a hard listen and lots of the stuff isn't so much repetitive but blurs together, and Practically Tactical but people mentioned above they didn't like Jeff so...

Tom Givens could do a Rangemaster podcast but I struggle to see how there would be good, ongoing, content. Concealed carry doesn't evolve at the pace that podcasts can support and I suspect that's why the Rangemaster newsletter is what it is rather than more frequent.
    I don't think the podcast would have to necessarily be a weekly thing, but maybe bi-weekly? There's still a TON of "new" people out there with rather skewed views on what is good from a concealed carry perspective. Some individual state laws don't really help much sometimes. I think it's something that could be sustainable. If you start mixing in SOME competition oriented stuff, because competition is where concealed carriers can put their skills to the test on a consistent basis, I think you wouldn't have to be THAT creative to keep something like that going.

I haven't found any single podcast that fits the bill, only selected episodes from a variety of different podcasts.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Seeklanders American Warrior podcast would be close.

Agreed. In my opinion Seeklander's long format interviews are the best podcasts out there. But I don't tune into his own weekly Q&As.

I listen to Practically Tactical, The Gunfighter Cast, and Ballistic Radio from time to time depending on the guest. P&S can really be hit or miss depending on the topic.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 09-22-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Agreed. In my opinion Seeklander's long format interviews are the best podcasts out there. But I don't tune into his own weekly Q&As.

I listen to Practically Tactical, The Gunfighter Cast, and Ballistic Radio from time to time depending on the guest. P&S can really be hit or miss depending on the topic.
    I can't do Seeklander's live videos anymore. Too much stopping to say "thanks for joining! Like, share, and subscribe! We're talking about blah blah blah today!" Every 4 minutes.

I think it's more about the guests, and less about the specific podcast. Ballistic radio has been mentioned, and rightfully so: there are several episodes (and most here already know the names; they're all largely members here) that I've listened to mulitiple times.

I've found a few nuggests in the archives of modernselfprotection.com with marine/contractor Ben Branam. Cherry pick, and enjoy.

All this stuff is insomnia-time edutainment anyways; none of them replace good training. That said, some guys like Douglas, Givens, April, et al. have been remarkably forthcoming and generous with presenting bits of their trademark material for free via podcast, e.g. Ballistic radio. JMO.

The Arms Room can be good. Guns Over Texas Radio is always entertaining-- but they don't get in the weeds of tactics, per se.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    Seeklanders American Warrior podcast would be close.
    This is what I was going to say. It's a good mix of defensive and competition, talks about gear, mindset, news, and tactics. If you had to pick ONE podcast to cover your bases, that would be it.

I listen to three: Concealed Carry Podcast (Jacob Paulsen and Riley Bowman), American Warrior Podcast (Mike Seeklander and Rich Brown), and Wasted Ammo (Steven Broyles). That last one is included because they cover a wide range of items I listen to, such as prepping and disasters and the like. Sometimes, the episode is just dumb so I delete it early. But they have done things like a bug-out walk, and shared their lessons.

Firearms Nation has some good guests and he's getting better as an interviewer as the shows go on. I like them.

I like practical pistol show but his sense of humor isn't for everyone. It is gamer focused but there are some good nuggets in there. I like Tim Herron and Gabe shows up once in awhile.

They don't talk about anything you want to hear but my new favorite is Team VTac from Kyle Lamb. He's fun to listen to and very well spoken.

I drive a lot and either listen to books or podcasts.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List