Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AIWB Decisions

Email sent, Tony!

I wear a JM AIWB G43 long most of the time, it has an 1.5" clip and it does ok without a belt, but it's a rare, brief happening that I carry without one.

I've been wearing Wilderness belts for over ten years, love 'em. I like a 5-stitch with the original buckle. The Frequent Flier buckles are too bulky. The CSM belts are great, they're super stiff and last forever, but I quit wearing mine because they're so stiff I have a hart time getting 'em threaded through the belt loops and the holster. I have bad shoulders.

I have a DSG clip on for a j-frame and a Shield. The j-frame completely disappears beneath a schmedium t-shirt, while the Shield sticks out like a sore thumb on me. Almost opposite for my wife, interestingly enough. The DSG/j-frame even works with boxers, should one be so inclined.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I have a DSG clip on for a j-frame and a Shield. The j-frame completely disappears beneath a schmedium t-shirt, while the Shield sticks out like a sore thumb on me. Almost opposite for my wife, interestingly enough. The DSG/j-frame even works with boxers, should one be so inclined.
    I have the DSG / J frame setup but for the life of me I would never feel comfortable just having it attached to the elastic waistband of my athletic shorts or sweats. There's just too much "movement" / "flex" for my liking. Maybe I'll get over it someday.
    Last edited by blues; 09-23-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! I was looking at the JMCK WIN Universal, and I see it's offered in both the G43 normal and long. I know a lot of people advocate the long version to stop the holster flipping? Is there much of difference wrt comfort? Also in the 3.30 position?
    Last edited by marshy; 09-24-2017 at 03:15 AM.

With regard to your belt question, I have both the blue alpha gear and mastermind belts. I greatly prefer the mastermind belts as they are much lower profile. The blue alpha buckle is a pain to get through my belt loops on many of the pants I wear. Once I've started wearing the mastermind belts because of the low profile, I rarely go back to the ines that have a larger belt buckle anymore, been spoiled with the low profile belts.

For a belt that looks like a "real" belt and carries like a gun belt, look at the Daltech Force SuperBio.

https://www.daltechforce.com/collect...rbio-gun-belts

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshy View Post
    Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! I was looking at the JMCK WIN Universal, and I see it's offered in both the G43 normal and long. I know a lot of people advocate the long version to stop the holster flipping? Is there much of difference wrt comfort? Also in the 3.30 position?
    The extra length is almost always the way to go on the shorter guns. We've been making the extended small autos for 5-6 years now and only a small number have been exchanged for a shorter length. I'd bet that JM has seen the same as well. The strong side carry position has a little more meat to help retain the pistol but still benefits from the length as the savings in the smaller guns aren't so much slide length but thickness and grip length. The longer holster also affords you a chance to swap down the road to AIWB, should you desire.

Comfort wise the biggest felt difference is the muzzle. What we feel is the corner of the muzzle digging in. Moving the corner down will do a few things depending on your body geometry. In many cases the pelvic shape is such that the ~G19 length small auto holster places the corner off the body and it's only the flat that we feel. If by chance ride height and body geometry are such that there is corner contact at the muzzle the distance from the belt does allow things to move around and have less applied force into the body. To go beyond that you can use a foam pad like Tony sells.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

User Tag List