Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Split: Heavy Reece Concept (7.62 gas gun)

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I currently load 55gr 5.56 and 64gr .223 Gold Dot in my AR's, so I would do the same in 7.62 (I shoot 150gr Fusion, same bullet in my 700.)
    I am using the 75 grain LE Gold Dot load in my BCM 16" ELW BFH carbine, and it holds near MOA precision at 100 yards. Seems like everyone has caught on to this load as it is now difficult to find in stock.

I am going to experiment with the 165 grain Fusion load in my precision bolt rifle. I suspect for the intended use and range (300 yards and under), it should perform admirably as per Doc's research.
    Last edited by NH Shooter; 09-24-2017 at 07:21 AM. Reason: grammar

http://www.megaarms.com/sf-maten/
    Seems like this fits a lot of your criteria if they ever get around to releasing it. At 7.2 pounds unloaded that would be very handy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ASH, I'm guessing the SCAR-H is in the too-pricey category. A light FAL? They're a bit rough on optics tho.

Site Supporter
    The DD5V1 seems like it could work. It has a 16" barrel, and weighs 8.3 pounds. I have not heard too much about the accuracy or reliability though.

https://danieldefense.com/firearms/c...5v1-m-lok.html

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    ASH, I'm guessing the SCAR-H is in the too-pricey category. A light FAL? They're a bit rough on optics tho.
    Pricey and not just the gun but mags etc. An FAL could be an option but nowadays it seems AR's in .308 are close in price and better ergos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalis Discipulo View Post
    The DD5V1 seems like it could work. It has a 16" barrel, and weighs 8.3 pounds. I have not heard too much about the accuracy or reliability though.

I've read some reliability issues, but have no firsthand experience other than playing with one in a shop.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalis Discipulo View Post

I just shot next to one for the last two days and saw it go through about 300 rounds with only operator error. It looked to be quite accurate with FGMM. I've found DD barrels to be quite accurate; that is, about MOA or better.

I still like my SCAR better.

@ASH556 Have you looked at the Larue Predatar?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I love my .308 gas gun with a 1-6. Handy for anything from contact to 600. Light enough to carry all day.

What rifle is that?

What is the general feeling here as far as ideal (or at least tolerable) weight in a 7.62 rifle?

There was a similar thread on 7.62 guns last year which I led to me purchasing a PWS MK216. The decision was a little bit compressed due to the laws being passed in Kalifornia and my inaccurate prediction of the 2016 elections. All in all it's performed well but has had some problems that I just have not had with quality 5.56 guns. I'm trying to keep the whole rifle under 10lbs and am currently mounting a Aimpoint PRO which more than meets my needs here in Kalifornia. I would like to put some 1-6X glass on it but I'm not sure that the added weight and cost will be worth it.

As a middle aged man who has fallen off the PT wagon, it seems to me that the weight of most 7.62 semi-auto rifles (other than the SCAR) are their biggest drawback as anything more than a range toy.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    @ASH556 Have you looked at the Larue Predatar?
    Yes, it seems to be a decent choice, although I'm not a huge fan of the proprietary handguard/barrel interface. Same thing with the DD 5
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Yes, it seems to be a decent choice, although I'm not a huge fan of the proprietary handguard/barrel interface. Same thing with the DD 5
    It seems that proprietary is the name of the game when it comes to 7.62ARs. In lack of a true "pattern" I'm OK with proprietary as long as it adds to functionality of the rifle.

User Tag List