Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rethinking revolver grips

Site Supporter
    The more I look at revolvers, the more I appreciate them - but one thing that I haven’t quite figured out yet is picking the right stocks for future ones.

With semis it’s relatively easy - go to the shop and try models until they feel good. But I haven’t found something like that for revolver stocks, and I don’t have the money to buy and try, so to speak.

With that said, any tips on finding the right ones, based on hand size/personal preferences of semis, etc.? Has anybody made their own stocks, and have hints on how to approach shaping them? Seems like a nice winter project, and could possibly serve as a nice guide for commercial offerings once they’re made.
    Last edited by jeep45238; 10-19-2017 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I haven’t quite figured out yet is picking the right stocks for future ones.
    I don’t have the money to buy and try, so to speak.
    Has anybody made their own stocks, and have hints on how to approach shaping them?
    It probably is like all those holsters that everybody ends up with that were just not quite right.
    But some of the synthetic ones actually are pretty cheap, only when you get the nice wood and G10 ones does it get tough.
    One thing that gets overlooked, Hogue makes several of their rubber grips in nylon, that can be shaped and stippled, and are cheap:
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  61.0 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The Hogue rubber can be easily shaped, too. Some put it in the freezer to make it stiffer before working the material, but I haven't found the need to do that.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    The Hogue rubber can be easily shaped, too. Some put it in the freezer to make it stiffer before working the material, but I haven't found the need to do that.
    Makes sense, people use high RPM disk sanders to shape the foam on motorcycle seats, so yeah.

User Tag List