Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masons

Masons

Any Masons on P-F? We have a high number of police officers and veterans here, and they often have an inclination toward Masonry.

I've done it all, Blue Lodge, Scottish Rite, York Rite, and Shrine. Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas and the Shrine burn hospitals are my favorite charities.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

I assume you mean the group that's regularly attempting to subvert and take over the world versus the fine art of slapping stones together into buildings.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I think the OP is talking about the service groups that are fronts for the Illuminati, the evil, secret society that is trying to drive the world into darkness. They do have nice jars, though. Great for canning.

Site Supporter
    I'm not, but my wife's family is heavily involved on both sides. Her dad was a state Grand Master and continues to serve as an officer in the Grand Lodge, he was also a Potentate in the Shrine. Her mom is involved in some of the women's oriented groups, as was my wife's maternal grandmother. Her maternal grandfather was also involved. I don't think he ever rose to the level of the Grand Lodge, but was a Shrine Potentate. Wifey's brother is also in the Masons and Shrine. My MIL frequently hints that I should join, but SWMBO puts a stop to that talk. Not that I mind, I see how much time it takes from my in-laws' life and don't want to do that to my family.

We used to attend a number of Shrine and Mason events, but that has tapered off as our kids get older and we're more challenged for time. I like to tease about taking over the world and such, but if you have seen the semi-inner-workings (what you can see as a non-Mason family member), it's obvious they're a legitimate service-oriented organization.

Chris

Not a mason, but have been in the Stonecutters for many years.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    My father is a Mason and adores the organization. They have major issues with recruitment (e.g., they don't recruit people; you're supposed to find them on your own), so Masons, as a group, are getting older, and there are fewer young people joining the organization. I might become a Mason one day, but it's been on the back-burner for years.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    I'm joined the Knights of Columbus so I don't think I can be a Mason.

I'm glad all these organizations exist that do good works and help the community. They are not my cup of tea on a personal level, even the Knights to a degree, but I think they are a net benefit for society.

Even if they are part of the Illuminati and try to convince us the earth is round and the moon is real.

Masons

I'm a Master Mason. Look closely at my avatar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 09-21-2017 at 02:42 PM.

I rushed them for a while but decided to join the Illuminati instead. Much better parties, plus the world domination is sort of neat.
    Last edited by LorenzoS; 09-21-2017 at 03:02 PM.

My father in law is one and one of my friends from the academy is too. They both tried to subvert me be I resisted. My MIL and SIL were involved too. We actually had a very funny conversation about the various Mason organizations last month and the secret code words last month.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List