Thread: Streamlight's Contoured Remote switch and holsters?

Streamlight's Contoured Remote switch and holsters?

Streamlight's Contoured Remote switch for their TLR1 lights is a bit larger than Surefire's DG switch, any idea who (if anyone) is making OWB or duty holsters compatible with it?

If it matters, I'm specifically considering it for a M&P.

My Safariland 6360 accepts that switch on my M&P. I've tried it in my Raven Phantom and it doesn't fit exactly right

I use a TLR-2 on several of my duty guns... Every holster I've tried for that light will work with the contour switch. I don't have a TLR-1 or I'd try it, but I'd assume it would work. I'm a really big proponent for pressure switches for weapon lights, and Safariland doesn't make a ton of holsters that will work with pressure switches (yet), so the TLR-2 with Contour switch is my duty choice on everything but the M&P with X300U/DG switch (we have a good Safariland holster that will accept that).

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Streamlight's Contoured Remote switch for their TLR1 lights is a bit larger than Surefire's DG switch, any idea who (if anyone) is making OWB or duty holsters compatible with it?

If it matters, I'm specifically considering it for a M&P.
    Angus, we can do either of our OWB styles with the remote switch, just let us know in the comments. We are re tooling our OWB1 light bearing holsters a bit so they are not up on the website as of yet, but if you like that style over the OWB2, order the OWB 2 and let me know in the comments you want the OWB1 style. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I use a TLR-2 on several of my duty guns... Every holster I've tried for that light will work with the contour switch. I don't have a TLR-1 or I'd try it, but I'd assume it would work. I'm a really big proponent for pressure switches for weapon lights, and Safariland doesn't make a ton of holsters that will work with pressure switches (yet), so the TLR-2 with Contour switch is my duty choice on everything but the M&P with X300U/DG switch (we have a good Safariland holster that will accept that).
    Strongly agree with you on pressure switches for WMLs on pistols ... late 90s with a 6 volt SF Classic, early 00s with a SF Nitrolon and horseshoe switch on a Dawson rail, and the various X series lights with first the horseshoe switches (YAY!) and now the DG switches (not so much). For cop work, i'm amazed more our peers haven't made the switch.

Switching lights, switches, etc can get real expensive when you start looking at the need to acquire on and off-duty holsters. I'm going to be teaching back to back weeklong low light classes in November and hoping to see if this TLR-1 HL / Contour Switch is a viable replacement replacement for the X300U / DG combo.

Can I get the P/N for a left hand version of the holster you all issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Angus, we can do either of our OWB styles with the remote switch, just let us know in the comments. We are re tooling our OWB1 light bearing holsters a bit so they are not up on the website as of yet, but if you like that style over the OWB2, order the OWB 2 and let me know in the comments you want the OWB1 style. Thanks
    Tony, ordered an OWB2 over the weekend. Looking forward to it.

User Tag List