Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea's for filling the Gen 5 glock front strap cutout?

Idea's for filling the Gen 5 glock front strap cutout?

So I want to pick me up one of these new Gen 5 19s. But I had a problem with the Gen 2 cutout so i know i'm going to have a problem with the Gen 5 19. Everyone does does grip mods on glocks so why not this?
    The only thing I could think of is maybe use a Pearce grip enhancer and cut off the front and mount it to the frame. I'm not really sure how well that would work out. Could a filler be used? I do have a gunsmith I go to but he is an hour away and i haven't had a chance to chat with him about it yet.

Here is the Pearce "Grip Enhancer" for those who haven't seen one. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...pact-full-size

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-FML
    Last edited by Morbidbattlecry; 09-20-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added link

Grip tape, a layer or two.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Grip tape, a layer or two.
    Would you bevel the inside a bit so it doesn't catch during reloads?

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    Would you bevel the inside a bit so it doesn't catch during reloads?
    Maybe just run one the opposite way inside the cutout? I also have been trying to figure this out. I wondered if it would be stiff enough. Big opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will any of the after market mag wells help with this?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Will any of the after market mag wells help with this?
    The gen 5 has a flared magwell- there are no aftermarket mag wells for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Maybe just run one the opposite way inside the cutout? I also have been trying to figure this out. I wondered if it would be stiff enough. Big opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw someone on GlockTalk, i think. Who beveled the inside of the cutout. I may end up doing that.

Any progress on this fix? I’m finding that when I draw with my maximum effort at speed, the pinch becomes a slight issue. Now the best fix is for me to improve my purchase of the gun at speed, as this is usually when this happens. Actually it’s a decent indicator that I didn’t have the best grip on my gun. Kinda like shock treatment, lol. But curious if anyone has improved the cutout pinch.

jb weld putty?

I have a bad scar on my pinkie finger that was aggravated by the Gen 2 cutout, so I used the Pearce adapter in my onboard mag. Worked fine.

User Tag List