Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dumb aesthetic thing: stripping a camo Benelli

Dumb aesthetic thing: stripping a camo Benelli

At the beginning of this year I had to make some tough financial decisions due to a job change. One of the things I let go was a 21" Benelli M1S90 set up EXACTLY the way I wanted it. After having owned several different Benelli configurations including a 28" full race gun and a 14" NFA blaster (both of which I sold), that 21" is just TITS man! So, like I said, I had to sell it to keep us afloat through a job change and this weekend I found a smoking' deal on another (and can afford it) for $650. Good deal, right? Except it's hydro-dipped from the factory in Realtree camo and marketed to turkey hunters. Does anyone have any experience stripping one of these or should I just get over it and rock the camo? Plans are to eventually (probably sooner than later; we'll see how my patience holds out, lol) add Nordic ext, and TTI lifter to make it match the black one below (that I had to sell).

TLDR: strip it to black (if so, how?) or get over it and rock the camo.

Last edited by ASH556; 09-20-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Rock the camo man !

And if you ever need to use it in a defensive shooting, it'll help with the Georgia jury !
    (Yeah, I'm kidding about that last part.)

As a dedicated turkey hunter, to me she looks beautiful !

I'd rock the camo. Otherwise its Cerakote, which includes bead blasting.

Definitely rock the camo. My M2 field was Realtree camo.

I did a quick google search and it looks like cerakote is removed by bead blasting. After that you may need to re-cerakote in black. It might be cheaper to camo cerakote the mag ext.

I am glad you were able to pick up a Benelli to replace your old one. What stock is on you black gun? I am only familiar with the tactical stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I did a quick google search and it looks like cerakote is removed by bead blasting. After that you may need to re-cerakote in black. It might be cheaper to camo cerakote the mag ext.

I am glad you were able to pick up a Benelli to replace your old one. What stock is on you black gun? I am only familiar with the tactical stocks.
    It's the standard Benelli synthetic field stock.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Numrich has a black forend for around $100. I can't find a replacement field stock for an M1, only the tactical stock, another $110. Maybe black spray paint is the cheapest option to change colors.
    Last edited by DamonL; 09-20-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Rock the camo.

If you are adding accessories just have them cerakoted camo.

Easiest way to get rid of the camo: find the turkey hunter who feels he got stuck with a black model. Put up WTT ads on hunting and shotgun forums.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Definitely rock the camo. My M2 field was Realtree camo.
    +1. Keep the camo and rock on. And congrats on the new job and finding another great shotgun, sir.

User Tag List