Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dumb aesthetic thing: stripping a camo Benelli

Run the shotgun as is, for now. If you decide that you can't stand the camo, either look for a trade or (my personal favorite) rattlecan it.

I don't know where you live, but in my neck of the woods, I run light browns and tans because black absorbs heat from the sun and firearms get hot quick just from being outside
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-21-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Let me spray paint it for you

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Let me spray paint it for you
    I love you bro, but no.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

It came from Benelli like that. Its not hydro dipped or ceracoated, but a really tough paint. I have a Super Black Eagle in the same pattern.
    Last edited by JBhunter45; 09-22-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBhunter45 View Post
    It came from Benelli like that. Its not hydro dipped or ceracoated, but a really tough paint. I have a Super Black Eagle in the same pattern.
    I sold M2 Field in Realtree APG a few years ago so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure it was dipped. It certainly wasn't painted, evidenced by the joining lines under barrel and bottom of receiver as well as pattern stretching on corners.

I'll have to take a closer look. I know once the camo wears through it black underneath. Bought it off a auction site, not sure hoe old it could be, must have been someone's snow goose gun. It had the factory 8rd extension and worn through to aluminum on the receiver where it sat in blind or boat. I get 6 3 1/2 mags for turkey hunting

Its interesting, the perspectives of different groups of people. Among hunters, many of them lament that they were only able to pick up a black shotgun (for whatever reason). They wish they had camo. Here, - for many guys, its the opposite.

The guys who suggested putting it up for trade for a black gun, have a great idea. You can bet there's a hunter in your area who would make the trade.

User Tag List