View Poll Results: How do you like your triggers?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • One trigger system to rule them all.

25 43.86%
  • Variety is the spice of life.

32 56.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Master of One or Jack of All Triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bet you have a P07 by Christmas.
    Goddammit you're probably right.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The answer to this question depends on individual logistical variables . Because we all have different levels of budget,resources,ammo,activities and so on the answers will vary accordingly.

Practical example; I'm poor. A 2,000 round evaluation over two months is a big dent in my budget,so buying multiple pistols with varying trigger systems is a great way for me to be a master of mediocrity. That's 1,000 rounds of monthly live fire which has to be allocated to different systems .

The guy with time and money to drop even 2,000 rounds a week has exponentially more options then I do to maintain proficiency across multiple platforms. Look at Jerry Michulek for an extreme example of this. He can crush me regardless of the handgun used or its trigger system,whereas I'd be lucky to lose gracefully shooting the same Beretta I've had for the last four years.

Resources matter.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I have to (should) be proficient with more than one trigger as I carry P30 LEM, but I also use Ruger Standard pattern pistols and 1911s for Bullseye. I am also working with the Glock for NPE carry. So there are four different platforms.

As for the resources, I would love a .22 conversion for the P30.

As much as I'd love to have a crapload of all sorts of different kinds of guns and shoot as much as I wanted to with each of them, I'm sadly not financially equipped to do such things.

Got a family and I've got bills. That means I pretty much stick to carrying and practicing with my Glocks because they're cheap and easy to maintain and generally just work. I'd love to be all "flavor of the month club" with you guys on all sorts of cool stuff, but the reality is that I simply can't justifiably swing it AND practice like I should with what I carry AND be able to train with someone once or twice a year.

Resources do indeed matter.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Site Supporter
    When I experiment with TDA pistols it takes me a while to relearn the double action trigger. But switching back to the 1911 doesn't give me any problems, probably because I've been shooting them so long. To be honest, I'm not sure which trigger I prefer -- they both have their pros and cons.

I'm issued a TDA and that's what I choose to spend most of my time with. I've always felt that it's an action type that lends itself to shooting a variety of other trigger types well though. Can I vote for both?

I voted #2, because: Glocks, DA/DAO revolvers. But those 2 triggers are pretty much it at this point, so I'm really in the middle on this one. I'm also not the shooter of many on this forum, so I'm realistically middle of the road there too.

I voted "one trigger" - in my case box stock GLOCK triggers. I have other trigger systems in my safe that get rare carry - specifically a S&W 642 - but that's a very niche pistol and gets very limited trigger time.

Like that my #1 (G43) and #2 (G19) carry pistols feel nearly identical in trigger manipulation but I do enjoy variety and guns are tools with each having a different application. I would never, ever want my Franchi 20ga and my Tikka to have Glock triggers but I'm quite comfortable vice versa. That's about all I can add without typing a wall that is probably better stated by those here more knowledgeable than I.

That said, as life settles down I do see myself returning to the 1911 fold for daily carry but do not see my opinions per this poll changing.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    I want to focus on DA/SA, although I appreciate various types and their benefits. Thought process is if I can focus on TDA, I can learn more about other setups due to it's difficulty compared to striker/sao.

User Tag List