Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Issue Taking a SCD Apart?

Any Issue Taking a SCD Apart?

I picked up one of your blem SCDs to use on my Glock 30S. For the price, figured it was definitely worth to try out. However, I have my entire Glock done in CPII (by CCR), which is along the lines of NP3. Saving some coin on something Iíd probably have refinished. I have battery acid sweat, so even though it is stainless and black oxide finish, I prefer to be proactive with rust prevention. Not to mention, it would match the rest of the gun.

Anyways, I looked at it quickly, and it looks like a roll pin holding it together. Any issue knocking that pin out to plate the two pieces separately? It is such a simple design that I canít see there being a problem, but rather ask those who designed/build it. Had tight tolerance firearms done in these finishes (642-1 done in NP3 Plus, then had a fitted 9mm cylinder done separately), never an issue.

Other than that, I used to be hesitant with the SCD. Not that I had issue with the use, but because wasnít sure on the feedback (working with holstering), and how people would utilize it. Figured it was fixing a problem that normal training would fix. But starting to move into AIWB carry... and rather have the SCD. Iím kind of attached to my right testicle. While describing something on the internet can go either way, actually messing around with it on my Glock really allowed me some idea on how it can be implemented into carry. Even other than AIWB, I like having that heads up that something isnít right with insertion... whether it clothes or brass. Iím pretty good with checking, but like redundancy.

If you ever do go into other platforms, would love a SCD for my older M&Ps (.40 Compact and 5Ē Pro). Other than that, everything else is hammer fired.

Thanks for your time.

Supporting Business taudevgroup's Avatar
    I apologize for the delay responding, I somehow missed this message until now.

There should not be any issue with taking the SCD apart and coating it -- assuming the buildup of the coating isn't so much as to cause interference between the parts when reassembled. The pin is small, and not particularly easy to remove/install.
    Last edited by taudevgroup; 09-21-2017 at 12:33 PM.

No problem... Tapatalk just went off the deep end with their latest update, so took a little to get on here.

Roger that. Iíll send it over to CCR, and have them see what they can do with it. Plating is pretty thin, so hopefully it works out. Either way, Iíll post the results in case there is any interest. Worst case scenario, I buy another SCD. [emoji41]

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by taudevgroup View Post
    assuming the buildup of the coating isn't so much as to cause interference between the parts when reassembled.
    The various nickel teflon (NP3, etc) coatings I have dealt with from various vendors are .0003"-.0005".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    The various nickel teflon (NP3, etc) coatings I have dealt with from various vendors are .0003"-.0005".
    That almost certainly wonít be a problem.

All the unobtanium will leak out though.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    You can buy more for $79.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    If you liked Avatard, I’m not sure if we can be bros, bro

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If you liked Avatard, I’m not sure if we can be bros, bro
    Lockheed eggheads were using the term way before that crappy movie ever got made
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

NP3 sucks for a Glock slide, very slick. Don't know if that other coating will be similar

User Tag List