Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical/First Aid Kit pouches/bags

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Medical/First Aid Kit pouches/bags

I know there have been lots of posts about pre-made medical kits like the NAR or ITS IFAK, but how about the bags themselves?

I recently got a NAR MFAK and while it is nice and convenient for what it is, it's made me realize that I'd probably be happier with a kit with contents that I chose + purchased separately. I'd like more for emergency medical response than just hemorrhage control, but the bigger kits are very expensive for what they contain. I'm not looking for a bag of any particular size (probably medium-ish) so any suggestions are welcome.

I know that Condor is not considered up to snuff vs. domestically manufactured web gear, but what do people think of this? I like the idea of a brightly colored (orange/red) bag that is very easy and quick to deploy. I also don't see the point in spending $60 on a tiny pouch... this will sit in my car. Not going to drag it through a battlefield. However, open to correction on this point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I know there have been lots of posts about pre-made medical kits like the NAR or ITS IFAK, but how about the bags themselves?

I recently got a NAR MFAK and while it is nice and convenient for what it is, it's made me realize that I'd probably be happier with a kit with contents that I chose + purchased separately. I'd like more for emergency medical response than just hemorrhage control, but the bigger kits are very expensive for what they contain. I'm not looking for a bag of any particular size (probably medium-ish) so any suggestions are welcome.

I know that Condor is not considered up to snuff vs. domestically manufactured web gear, but what do people think of this? I like the idea of a brightly colored (orange/red) bag that is very easy and quick to deploy. I also don't see the point in spending $60 on a tiny pouch... this will sit in my car. Not going to drag it through a battlefield. However, open to correction on this point too.
    I probably can't help you with your search but if you post what you intend to have maybe those that know can better assist you with finding something with an adequate number or pockets, retention or compartments. Besides someone being able to better assist you, I am also curious as to what someone of your qualification and skills would select. Self serving, I know sorry.
    Last edited by Mike C; 09-20-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    I've got this one mounted to the head rests in both vehicles. I don't see anything wrong with the quality for something that lives in my car and is never handled.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not a dedicated med pouch, but I use an medium orange Magpul Daka pouch.

Whatever company makes pouches for Condor makes them for a lot of other "shell" companies. I have a few and they're fine for sitting in a car or range bag....you definitely don't need some $100 brand name bag for that.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I've got this one mounted to the head rests in both vehicles. I don't see anything wrong with the quality for something that lives in my car and is never handled.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I've been looking for something like this. How does this attach to the headrest?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I probably can't help you with your search but if you post what you intend to have maybe those that know can better assist you with finding something with an adequate number or pockets, retention or compartments. Besides someone being able to better assist you, I am also curious as to what someone of your qualification and skills would select. Self serving, I know sorry.
    Haha not a problem. I am still working on my list but here is the rough draft (sorry for the formatting - from a spreadsheet)

Item Size/Dimensions Qty Category
    CAT-T n/a 2 Major Trauma
    Israeli Compression Bandages 6" 4 Major Trauma
    Penlight n/a 1 Dx
    Emergency Blankets 52x84" 2 General
    Bottle 81mg chewable aspirin (For MI) n/a 1 Major Medical
    CPR Mask 2 Major Medical
    Nasopharyngeal airway 28Fr 2 Major Trauma
    Larygenal mask airway ? 1 Major trauma
    Self-adhesive tape n/a 1 roll General
    Surgical tape n/a 1 roll General
    APAP - Single Dose Packet n/a 6 General
    Ibuprofen - Single Dose Packet n/a 6 General
    Gauze 4x4 4x4" 6 Minor Trauma
    Exam Gloves, Nitrile Large 4 General
    Trauma Shears n/a 1 Trauma
    Isopropyl sterile pads n/a 12 General
    Assorted adhesive bandages Mixed 1 Pack Minor trauma
    SAM Splint 1 Major trauma
    Hyfin Ventilated Chest Seal (Pack of 2) 1 Major Trauma
    Pocket BVM 1 Major Medical/Trauma
    Multi-trauma pad dressing (10x30") 3 Major Trauma
    Adhesive adominal pad 2 Major Trauma
    Eyewash n/a 1 bottle Minor trauma

Neph, apologies for the hijack but your list (thanks for sharing that) is reminding me of your comment in another thread on the utility of the chewable aspirin. Have you ever seen a source for that in individual packages? Everything I have seen is in a larger dose, and enteric coated. Thanks.

I'd look at something like a Seahorse or Pelican case if it doesn't need to be within arms reach and it sounds like you already have a bag for that with the MFAK. You can sometimes find them or Pelican cases slightly used for cheap.

Here is an example of Independence Trainings kit, which is where I got the idea from.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 2.38.52 PM.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  69.4 KB

For disclosure Independence Training are great people and friends. I make no $ off their stuff.
    Owner of Ryker Nylon Gear - Ryker Nylon Gear Facebook

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I've been looking for something like this. How does this attach to the headrest?
    I wrap a bungee cord twice around the head rest posts and then hang it on the hooks with the molle on the back of the rip away pad.

User Tag List