Thread: Educators from 12 states take 3-day firearms course

Educators from 12 states take 3-day firearms course

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Kick ass, that is a good use of tax payer funds if that is where the money is coming from.

Awesome! Though damn, the lady at 1:54... I forget how stupid people can be sometimes.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Video didn't pop up. Free to educators that's really amazing.

I'm never offered free firearm training, sure as heck wasn't Wisconsin.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Some of the comments at the bottom of the story will make your head spin.

Site Supporter
    There are some common threads in the comments:

1. All guns bad - they are political totems of the right.

2. What seems to be a basic principle in many (suggested to have an evolutionary basis - debatable). The principle is that taking the life of an innocent is not acceptable even to save more. Version of the Trolley car problem.

3. Two world views:

a. Preventive measures are best with no thought of what to do if prevention fails - you just die.

b. Be able to take action in the event of a critical incident.

The #3 debate is also seen in dealing with sexual assault on campus. Telling women to avoid frat parties and getting drunk is not acceptable. Teaching self-defense is not acceptable. You are taking away their freedom.

What should be done is to teach men not to rape. Thus women can be safe when hammered.

Fighting is not an acceptable option. Using firearms magnifies the bias against fighting as guns are apriori an unacceptable male instrumentality.

There is also a mind set that some folks see themselves as unable to take action. I asked a young prof. what would he do if a rampage shooter entered the classroom? He said: Well, what could we do?

He did admit that the throwing your books approach might have limited utility against someone who had a good shooting plan. But he was unable to take the step to have an reasonable instrumentality to counter that person. Of course, telling them that a well organized rampager will kill 30 folks before help arrives (with luck), doesn't change the mind set. They see the shooter as an unstoppable force and only passive methods or prevention are acceptable.

Lay on that, the political belief that only conservative nuts like guns doesn't help convince them as they don't want to adopt a style of an antithetical political belief. Of course, we have debated here that you must be a conservative to be a legit gun person (Festivus next year).

Stupid people are predicable. I don't read comments on anything on the internet.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Only read the intellectual giants on forums, then? Couldn't resist.

Deleted
    Last edited by AlwaysLearning; 09-20-2017 at 03:52 PM. Reason: If I can't say anything constructive, best to say nothing.

User Tag List