Thread: VSASS by Geissele Automatics

Site Supporter

VSASS by Geissele Automatics

VSASS by Geissele Automatics

What Bill Geissele and his team have served up, is a complete family of rifles called the Very longrange Semi Automatic Sniper System and developed internally under codename JG06. The project started as a single weapon for a special requirement, but it quickly morphed into a family of rifles in .260, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 7.62 NATO.
    In addition to the full VSASS rifle, they’ve also developed a M110 Capability Enhancement Package. Essentially, it’s an Upper Receiver Group which can be fitted to a customer’s existing M110. In addition to the URG, the M110 CEP comes with a .308 version of a Super 42 Buffer and braided wire Buffer Spring kit as well as an SSA-E Trigger.
    The Super Night Owl Suppressor is made from Titanium and specific to VSASS. Bill told me he is not getting into the Suppressor business, but rather that this was a requirement for this weapon. It’s a screw on Suppressor and the serialized shroud comes off the core for maintenance.
    VSASS is currently only for government clients. Right now, demand is very high for their products and it was developed for a very specific purpose. However, I expect we’ll eventually see a commercial rifle from Geissele Automatics, even if it’s not this one.
    Name:  IMG_1556.jpg
Views: 1620
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1557.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  102.5 KB

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/09/20...le-automatics/
    Last edited by HCM; 09-20-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    M110 upgrade kit

Name:  IMG_1558.jpg
Views: 1860
Size:  83.8 KB

I like Geissele. I like battle rifles. I like suppressed battle rifles even more. Winning post, thanks for sharing.

I like Geissele, but I've owned a couple and handled/shot several more other 7.62 gas guns and I just don't like them. I haven't spent time with a KAC EMC/ECC, but everything else from Smith to LMT to DPMS to Colt just wasn't quite right. I think part of it may be the mission: too many guys think .308 must equal sniper rifle so they overglass and over barrel it. I'd like to play with a 14.5 with a medcon barrel. A 1-4 or 1-6 (or heck, maybe even just a TA11), and I think you'd have a pretty good heavy Recce. That's really the concept I want but soooo much money and inconsistencies in parts has me sticking with my 16" 700.

Looks to me like the Geissele is 100% sniper rifle built to win a contact.
    Last edited by ASH556; 09-21-2017 at 07:36 AM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I've only owned two "battle rifles", a Loaded M1A about 18 years ago and an LMT MWS. The M1A was bought when I knew nothing about guns, shot a hand full of times and eventually sold off. The MWS was the 16" CL barrel version, and I mounted a TR24r 1-4. I thought the optic worked perfectly on that gun, for what I was wanting to do with it (hunting hogs/coyotes in Central FL). But, while I really enjoyed shooting it, I never used it enough as intended. It sat around in my safe while I took the .223/5.56 guns out, mostly because of the weight. I think it was about 12.8lbs, loaded and with a sling IIRC. Had I been in another part of the country, with larger game, and more open spaces, I might have kept it more out of necessity.

I love shooting suppressed 308 though. Frankly, I love shooting anything suppressed, but the 308, especially in the AR, is a ton of fun. We don't have big game or long range shooting opportunities here (no ranges/clubs), so it's more of a fun gun. I eventually sold it because I don't collect guns, and tend to get rid of anything I haven't touched in a couple years that's not a planned hand-me-down for my kids.

Last edited by StraitR; 09-21-2017 at 09:42 PM.

User Tag List