Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Valkyries for $1300

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

All Valkyries for $1300

-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Would bang.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    Man if I needed another 9mm Commander I'd be all over that.

Excellent gun! Don't hesitate if you're on the fence.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

So, are these things legit? I'm still waiting on hearing what this new Beretta/Wilson collaboration is supposed to be about, but the EDC X9 has me looking at the 1911 platform again, specifically in 9mm, and these seem to be at a good price.

A CCO sized gun seems like great and thin package for my emaciated frame.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    So, are these things legit? I'm still waiting on hearing what this new Beretta/Wilson collaboration is supposed to be about, but the EDC X9 has me looking at the 1911 platform again, specifically in 9mm, and these seem to be at a good price.

A CCO sized gun seems like great and thin package for my emaciated frame.
    Legit? These are Dan Wesson pistols, a widely respected brand, being offered by an online retailer who will ship a gun to a federally licensed dealer near you for the transfer. So yes, I'd say these are legit.

Perhaps I should elaborate. I'm not questioning whether or not said website is actually going to ship you the gun you paid for.

I'm calling for feedback from people who have one fielding responses of whether or not there some warts that have manifested themselves over the years. I've generally stuck with full sized 1911s in .45 ACP. A Commander/CCO 1911 in 9mm being put out at this pricepoint at the very least has me curious if actual owners have run into any niggles.

Do you have one?

Vending Machine Operator
    When I think of all the money I have wasted that could have been saved for this...
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    Perhaps I should elaborate. I'm not questioning whether or not said website is actually going to ship you the gun you paid for.

I'm calling for feedback from people who have one fielding responses of whether or not there some warts that have manifested themselves over the years. I've generally stuck with full sized 1911s in .45 ACP. A Commander/CCO 1911 in 9mm being put out at this pricepoint at the very least has me curious if actual owners have run into any niggles.

Do you have one?
    I do not. I do own two Colt Lightweight Commanders and a Colt Combat Commander all chambered for 9mm. I feel the Commander-size guns are the best option for the 9mm cartridge, at least for my needs. My Colts run fine, and I would expect the Dan Wesson versions to do the same. But there is always the chance a particular gun will have issues. Using good magazines such as the Wilson Combat ETM can help improve the odds.

I had one, when they first were released mine had a super tight chamber and was reamed by dw after a few emails. I regret selling the pistol, however after several failures to extract there was something buried deep in my subconscious that wouldn't allow me to carry it even though it was remedied. I am however revisiting the 9mm commander market in the first quarter of 2018 and wouldn't hesitate to snag another.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List