Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Washington CPL's public records?

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    I appreciate the concern, but contacting the AG's office might not be the best approach, and may send the wrong message ... Ideally, SAF and/or the NRA would file a letter with the AG outlining the legal reasons why the records should be maintained confidentially.

A fallback in the event of a bad Opinion would be a legislative modification, which might have some success. As always, good to pay attention at the ballot box, which is pretty tough these days in this State.
    That is probably a good point, I just don't see how someone could sit on their hands and wait for an opinion that would allow some piece of shit to post personal info online. I would rather be proactive, (not aggressive as my initial post came off) but simply point out how this information has been misused in recent past and any of the negative consequences/out comes as a result. I hope this doesn't happen for you guys, I'd hate to see another repeat road map for criminals be published. When I think about all the childish and criminal behavior on both sides of the fence I wouldn't just be worried about the criminals but the negative treatment one might receive from an employer for being ousted for being pro gun or whatever you want to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    Sounds like you havent experienced much of the city. There are a lot of nice neighborhoods and housing is very reasonable. Worst part about it is property crime and the job market. Winters can be longish but are unpredictable. Due to our climate, the roads take a beating. Whenever I travel, I always come back appreciative of our life here.
    An affordable house in an area with a poor job market, high property crime, shitty winters and bad roads isn't exactly what I'd call paradise but whatever floats your boat.

I must really be the odd one here.
    This country boy finds Spokane to be a craphole from hell and I really dislike CDA. In North Idaho the closer to the Canadian border the better, if you can find work...

P. S. I love snow so that helps : )

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    An affordable house in an area with a poor job market, high property crime, shitty winters and bad roads isn't exactly what I'd call paradise but whatever floats your boat.
    Paradise doesnt exist in this world. If those are the only factors by which you judge a city, than I guess you are right. Winters range from mild with little to no snow to very snowy so we arent talking horrible. It doesnt get the kind of cold that further east gets. Lots of skiing options within driving distance for people who like winter.

Spokane has been described as a big city with a mid size feel. Property crime is mostly vehicle break ins so if you have a garage and use it, you dont have problems typically. We have a full four seasons, two private and two public universities, and very close to a wide variety of nature in four directions. Great medical facilities. Several great parks and hiking areas in the city or just outside. Lots of great family oriented neighborhoods all around the city. Plenty of acreage to be had not far outside the city if you want that. I am self employed and Internet based so job market hasnt affected me the same as others.

If you have only been downtown and lower North side, you would get a completely different perspective of the city than someone who has lived here 37 years and really understands what is here.

But whatever, its all subjective. I havent yet found a place I would rather live and raise a family. Gun rights were fairly good here up until a few years ago. Only thing that has really gotten worse that affect me are private gun sales having to go through an FFL. I can still buy anything I want.
    Last edited by FPS; 09-22-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    There has been some bi-partisan legislation introduced to address this issue.
    Fortunately Washington does have a pretty high number of CPL holders (500,000+, I've read), so that may get the legislation moving.
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...ill-introduced

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I wouldn't trust moving to WA or OR anymore (the topic of this thread is an easy example of why). I'd recommend checking out CDA, ID if you haven't already.
    CDA is on the route to getting California'd. Go a bit farther north, past Sandpoint, and it is better.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Sandpoint is a liberal infestation now, nothing like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Sandpoint is a liberal infestation now, nothing like it used to be.
    That bad? I knew it was well on the way and it is amazing how "traffic" became a thing in the past decade or so.

I can never, ever grow to like Spokane. Although I do like some of the hipster-gentrification that is going on downtown. I do like Wenatchee, at least the nicer sides. If I had to choose to retire in Eastern WA it would probably be Walla Walla. I have many ties to Yakistan but it is a shitty city. Some of the rural areas to the northwest towards the mountains are nice.

Just because I'm on a rant, Leavenworth was fun, and still is, but the secret is out and the crowds are awful.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 01-25-2018 at 12:50 AM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    If I had to choose to retire in Eastern WA it would probably be Walla Walla.
    Walla Walla sucks. No one should move here.... it's too hot in the summer, and cold in the winter, and windy, there are ice storms occasionally, and the dining establishments are lousy, there are gangs, a prison, and ...

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Walla Walla sucks. No one should move here.... it's too hot in the summer, and cold in the winter, and windy, there are ice storms occasionally, and the dining establishments are lousy, there are gangs, a prison, and ...

Riiiiight... actually, one of the better French restaurants I’ve been in is in Walla Walla.

As to WA legislation, have any of you put your eyes on the text of hb 1387 that’s in committee now? Holy crap, it’s bad. Like: license to own glock mags and storage/training requirement for the license bad. If you’re not aware of this bill you need to be, and you need to find a way to oppose it.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Ye...illNumber=1387
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 01-25-2018 at 03:23 AM.

User Tag List