Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Washington CPL's public records?

Site Supporter

Washington CPL's public records?

Attorney General Bob Ferguson, who likely is the most anti-gun statewide politician, has been asked to render an opinion. The statutes are clear that the applications are exempt from disclosure, (42.56.240(4)), but the Department of Licensing is asking whether copies of the licenses must be disclosed under a Public Records Act Request.

I can imagine how this one will go, although there are some good attorneys in that office, which has unfortunately become very politicized.

http://agportal-s3bucket.s3.amazonaw...erOpReqLtr.pdf

http://www.atg.wa.gov/pending-attorn...pinions#Kohler
    Last edited by idahojess; 09-19-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Site Supporter

Washington CPL's public records?

Rats.
    My wife and I visited Spokane this weekend, and it zoomed up to number 1 on our desirable retirement locations list. I'm sure my California germs somehow caused this.

ETA: excuse the cursing, had surgery today and am still bit loopy.
    Last edited by luckyman; 09-20-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Rats.
    My wife and I visited Spokane this weekend, and it zoomed up to number 1 on our desirable retirement locations list. I'm sure my California germs somehow caused this.

All gun rights loving Californians are more than welcome here. We've had a tough run with the liberals lately on firearms issues. But we are so close to North Idaho that escape over the border is possible at a moments notice.

Rats.

Really? I've always considered Spokane a shithole. There's some nice areas around it, like Deer Park, but Spokane isn't one of them. Or maybe CA is just that bad.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Please keep us updated on this @idahojess, it is a dangerous precedent if it turns out badly, may become a model for other states to use these kinds of antics.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Attorney General Bob Ferguson, who likely is the most anti-gun statewide politician, has been asked to render an opinion. The statutes are clear that the applications are exempt from disclosure, (42.56.240(4)), but the Department of Licensing is asking whether copies of the licenses must be disclosed under a Public Records Act Request.

I can imagine how this one will go, although there are some good attorneys in that office, which has unfortunately become very politicized.

http://agportal-s3bucket.s3.amazonaw...erOpReqLtr.pdf

http://www.atg.wa.gov/pending-attorn...pinions#Kohler
    I appreciate this post thank you. I told my brother this morning and urged him to call and give the AG's office an earful. Hopefully others will do the same.

Rats.
    I wouldn't trust moving to WA or OR anymore (the topic of this thread is an easy example of why). I'd recommend checking out CDA, ID if you haven't already.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I wouldn't trust moving to WA or OR anymore (the topic of this thread is an easy example of why). I'd recommend checking out CDA, ID if you haven't already.
    My wife has figured out she's a city girl. The visit to CDA just confirmed it, need to be targeting cities at or over 100,000 population. Boise and Colorado Springs are the 2 places on our list that we haven't spent any significant time in yet.

Sorry for the subject derail everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Really? I've always considered Spokane a shithole. There's some nice areas around it, like Deer Park, but Spokane isn't one of them. Or maybe CA is just that bad.
    Sounds like you havent experienced much of the city. There are a lot of nice neighborhoods and housing is very reasonable. Worst part about it is property crime and the job market. Winters can be longish but are unpredictable. Due to our climate, the roads take a beating. Whenever I travel, I always come back appreciative of our life here.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I appreciate this post thank you. I told my brother this morning and urged him to call and give the AG's office an earful. Hopefully others will do the same.
    I appreciate the concern, but contacting the AG's office might not be the best approach, and may send the wrong message ... Ideally, SAF and/or the NRA would file a letter with the AG outlining the legal reasons why the records should be maintained confidentially.

A fallback in the event of a bad Opinion would be a legislative modification, which might have some success. As always, good to pay attention at the ballot box, which is pretty tough these days in this State.

User Tag List