Thread: Central AL?

Central AL?

Hey guys-
    Just checking to see if there are any proactive trainers in the Central AL (Birmingham'ish) area. I have access to a couple of ranges, but not many folks that are quite as into pistol training as I like to be. PM or email me if anyone's out there!

Jkbaggett@gmail.com

World class trainer about 2.5 hours north of you:

http://www.shootrite.org/

Clint Smith teaches there during the winter months. Tiger McKee (owner) is a very experienced instructor.

I'm familiar with Tiger and some of his guys... I even had some instruction under him a few months back when I went through firearms instructor school.
    I guess I'm not so much looking for a class, I'm just looking for some competent, training minded pistolero's to shoot with.
    I have found that the statement "to be a better shooter, shoot with those who shoot better than you" is very true. And though this will sound very conceited, I am gaining very little with the couple of guys that I currently shoot with according to that rule.

Ah. Yeah, we have the same dearth here. Lots of plinkers, few practitioners...

Site Supporter
    http://www.eagtactical.com/ Pat Rogers / EAG Tactical gets to Gadsen, AL at least once per year.

Though best known for carbine training, Pat is a former Gunsite instructor with an extensive mil / LE background and knows his way around a handgun as well.

Re: "to be a better shooter, shoot with those who shoot better than you" - very true. I shot next to SeanM in an EAG carbine class a few years back - it was a motivating experience !
    Last edited by HCM; 01-17-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    http://www.eagtactical.com/ Pat Rogers / EAG Tactical gets to Gadsen, AL at least once per year.

Though best known for carbine training, Pat is a former Gunsite instructor with an extensive mil / LE background and knows his way around a handgun as well.

Re: "to be a better shooter, shoot with those who shoot better than you" - very true. I shot next to SeanM in an EAG carbine class a few years back - it was a motivating experience !
    Thanks for the head's up... I may have to check that out. I've heard and read quite a bit about Pat Rogers, I just never knew he came to play in our backyard that often.

User Tag List