Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ Sp01 EDC

Site Supporter
    Get a quality holster, mated to a quality belt, carry your CZ and drive on.

Site Supporter
    I have an unmatched pair of CZ-75Bs with trigger jobs by Matt Mink. I just got the slide back from one of them from CGW with Trijicon sights on it and it's my go-to carry gun. As noted above, a good belt and holster make it a lot easier to carry and conceal. A spare mag on the opposite side balances it out nicely.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Since no one else seems to actually carry a full size steel pistol....
    Quite a leap because no one carries the particular model the OP asked about, no one carries a full sized steel pistol...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....oncealed-carry

What holsters are you guys using? I'm not able to find any? Glad to see this can be done and people are doing it. I figured it couldn't be any larger or heavier than an 92fs or 1911 and those are carried in droves.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Demented Antics View Post
    What holsters are you guys using? I'm not able to find any? Glad to see this can be done and people are doing it. I figured it couldn't be any larger or heavier than an 92fs or 1911 and those are carried in droves.
    The holster I use isn't available for CZ, but the belt is: https://www.rednicholsholsters.com/p...ontour-gunbelt

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Quite a leap because no one carries the particular model the OP asked about, no one carries a full sized steel pistol...

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....oncealed-carry
    Exactly.

Check out Blade-Tech, they make a IWB holster for the SP-O1 I got a few of their holsters and they're not bad. One word of warning though, the poly coat finish that CZ uses will wear, quickly. I have one of the "SP-O1 compacts" that were available until recently, these were contract guns that CZ made for somebody, and they did'nt for some reason take delivery. They have a steel frame very simular to the SP-O1, complete with a upswept beavertail like on the SP-O1 only it's a compact, CZ made around 14-1500 of them. So, they're somewhat rare. Any way, I was shooting mine, and very quickly a silver ring I wear on my right hand, wore a spot through the poly coat and down to the bare metal.. I took care of the problem by sending it to Cajun Gun Works and had the frame, barrel, slide, trigger, saftey levers, and slide stop Black Nitrided.. also had a Stainless ring hammer installed and short reset kit installed, and trigger bar polished. I installed some sights myself. It turned out nicely. Anyway my only bitch with CZ, well, make that bitches, is the poly coat finish, and the sights they use. The poly coat needs to go away, and they need to start nitriding slides, barrels, frames (on steel framed guns) and as many small parts they can shit can the sights they've been using since 1975, and basically get with the program..
    Last edited by ralph; 09-22-2017 at 10:36 AM.

I carried a CZ SP01 for about a year. The weight was never the huge issue for me, though the length was definitely something I would feel while sitting (carried AIWB). That said, I will sometimes carry my G19 in a full size holster, and in those situations I'm not so sure that there is much difference in comfort when sitting. The extent of how uncomfortable it might be is likely going to depend on the specifics of how your body, belt, and holster interact.

ETA - I got one through custom carry concepts. They went above and beyond to walk me through it and make sure it worked. Give Rich a PM and see if he can't help you out or look at the supporting business forum.
    Last edited by scw2; 09-22-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Site Supporter
    Milt Sparks #60-TK and Comp-Tac paddle and IWB.

Site Supporter
    In my new job in the worst part of town, I carry a CZ PCR in a Tucker IWB holster. Tucker is on this forum somewhere. His product is excellent. Anyway to make my arrangement work better, I bought pants that were a size too big and then dug out a custom made gun belt that fits the holster. It works. Sometimes I use suspenders which really add to carry comfort. Soon I'll be in my 50th year of working somewhere, and that's a good thing. My companion is a 115 pound Akita dog from the Japanese, not American line. He's almost as hard headed as I am.

User Tag List