Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CZ Sp01 EDC

I don’t carry my SP-01, mainly due to size and weight. If I move somewhere that open carry is ok... I have a Bravo Concealment OWB, which fits a TLR-1 HL.

I also had this made at the Oaks gunshow...

Wanted to try out the Tactical Block as a front end weight... but also looks pretty cool.

Guy that made it is SharkTac, out of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Since no one else seems to actually carry a full size steel pistol....

Not an Sp-01 exactly, but I carried a Sar K2 .45 most days last fall/winter. It has been replaced with a 10mm Witness which I carry occasionally. Both of these guns are a big bigger and weigh a few ounces more than an SP-01.

I didn't find the weight to be a big issue, but then again I am not spending all day on my feet. I do carry the 10mm Witness all day when I am going dirtbiking and have never noticed the weight. I prefer to carry IWB for better concealment. They concealed no problem for me under a loose button down shirt, and even better under a jacket. Full size guns like those do necessitate being aware of when you are bending over to your left, such as you might at a grocery store. I use a pretty aggressive cant on my holster (maybe 20-25 degrees?) which helps tremendously with reducing printing.

And I don't even have a proper gun belt. With a good gun belt I'm sure you will be 100% as long as you have an outer garment that is bulky/loose enough to prevent printing (or if you don't care too much about a little printing).
    How does the fact that no Pistol- Forum member responded to the OP's question about carrying one particular model, of one particular brand, translate into no Pistol-Forum members carrying full size steel frame pistols? That is quite a stretch-extrapolation to say the least.

We have a considerable number of members with decades of time carrying 5" 1911s and Commanders in a professional capacity, as well as for sport and CCW, and that is just one type of full size pistol.

I would say (this is a somewhat educated guess on my part) that the average age on this forum is a good bit higher than most, so it is safe to say that many here have considerable time concealed carrying revolvers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I don’t carry my SP-01, mainly due to size and weight. If I move somewhere that open carry is ok... I have a Bravo Concealment OWB, which fits a TLR-1 HL.

I also had this made at the Oaks gunshow...

Wanted to try out the Tactical Block as a front end weight... but also looks pretty cool.

Guy that made it is SharkTac, out of Ohio.

Come on and show it...

The bayonet.

You know you have it.

We know you have it.

We wanna see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Come on and show it...

To be honest, that picture is the only time I ever put it on. I like the strike face without the blade. Like a meat tenderizer. [emoji6]

Think it is still somewhere in my safe... I know it fell off the back of the shelf a few times, and got tired of moving spam cans around to get it.

You win the PF interwebz fun toy of the weekend award!

That has to be perfect for zombies..... Or Spiders.

Really Big Spiders...

What hammer is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Antics View Post
    What hammer is that?
    This one...

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail...ammer-Pre-B-75

A heads up... nothing CZ75 is drop-in. I had a local gunsmith use a CGW adjustable sear for that to work. Like the older spur hammers over the new ones.

User Tag List