Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ Sp01 EDC

CZ Sp01 EDC

I have seen posts and threads about people carrying large and heavy guns (1911s very common) and wondered how many people, if any, carry an Sp01 either IWB or OWB (most likely if at all)? I have one with the CGW package and have just really fallen in love with how great of a shooter it is and have wondered about carrying it OWB concealed when clothes and weather allow. Seems to me no one really carries one even though it's touted as a great duty gun.

TLDR:

Do any of you carry an SP01? If so what holsters do you utilize and what are your thoughts of the gun as an EDC?

This guy seems awfully fond of them. In the video he covers his preference in sights, triggers, grips, and holsters.

EDIT:. Disregard my post. I forgot the "S" in there and posted a link to the compact model.
    Last edited by Zirk208; 09-20-2017 at 11:30 PM. Reason: I'm Dumb

I carried my Shadow to the range once. Once.

Made my 1911's seem like sub compacts.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I think I have a decocker model SP01 (has firing pin block) and a JM George. Never carried it beyond in the house.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a p01 cajunized that I carry in a JMCK AIWB 2.5. Not much weight difference between the Glock 17 I usually carry.

I wanted a p01 omega bad. But could not locate one anywhere for months. So I bought the px4cc. Still would love to get hands on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since no one else seems to actually carry a full size steel pistol....

Not an Sp-01 exactly, but I carried a Sar K2 .45 most days last fall/winter. It has been replaced with a 10mm Witness which I carry occasionally. Both of these guns are a big bigger and weigh a few ounces more than an SP-01.

I didn't find the weight to be a big issue, but then again I am not spending all day on my feet. I do carry the 10mm Witness all day when I am going dirtbiking and have never noticed the weight. I prefer to carry IWB for better concealment. They concealed no problem for me under a loose button down shirt, and even better under a jacket. Full size guns like those do necessitate being aware of when you are bending over to your left, such as you might at a grocery store. I use a pretty aggressive cant on my holster (maybe 20-25 degrees?) which helps tremendously with reducing printing.

And I don't even have a proper gun belt. With a good gun belt I'm sure you will be 100% as long as you have an outer garment that is bulky/loose enough to prevent printing (or if you don't care too much about a little printing).

One option to consider would be a SP-O1 Phantom, a polymer framed version of the SP-O1, At 29 oz that would'nt too bad to carry. I have a SP-O1 decocker, and at 40oz that's a bit hefty,(about the same as a1911) although it could be done, the key being a good belt, and holster.

I used to carry compact and subcompact pistols, but I mainly carry a Beretta M9 or 1911 (usually Commander size) IWB now. A good holster and belt make those pistols almost invisible, even with a dress shirt. I'm sitting cross legged on my sofa right now, and cannot feel the M9 one bit. I do use a shoulder holster quite often when it gets cool enough to wear a jacket or coat.

User Tag List