Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duty Belt Flash Light Holsters?

Duty Belt Flash Light Holsters?

Wow...

I cant believe how hard it is to find a reliable and durable flashlight holster. They're out there, its just that there are very few optimal options.

Right now I have my flashlight mounted at 12:30 on my body as I like being able to access it with both of my hands very easily. Most people mount it around 9:00 and I find this to be the absolute worst location.

Id love to find a "cantable" flashlight holster but there really aren't any out there that I believe will hold the light securely and or not stick out too far so as to become a snag hazard.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sug3lkitledf.html

This thing seemed pretty neat but its huge, discontinued and arguably not very durable based upon the reviews I've read of it.

Why the heck is there such a dearth of good, quality duty belt sized flash light holsters out there? Is it the variety of lights that are available that makes it a proof business production decision?

Im open to suggestions if anyone has em!

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Wow...

I cant believe how hard it is to find a reliable and durable flashlight holster. They're out there, its just that there are very few optimal options.

Right now I have my flashlight mounted at 12:30 on my body as I like being able to access it with both of my hands very easily. Most people mount it around 9:00 and I find this to be the absolute worst location.

Id love to find a "cantable" flashlight holster but there really aren't any out there that I believe will hold the light securely and or not stick out too far so as to become a snag hazard.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sug3lkitledf.html

This thing seemed pretty neat but its huge, discontinued and arguably not very durable based upon the reviews I've read of it.

Why the heck is there such a dearth of good, quality duty belt sized flash light holsters out there? Is it the variety of lights that are available that makes it a proof business production decision?

Im open to suggestions if anyone has em!
    What kind of flashlight are you looking to carry? I use a Surefire 6PX at about 10:30. I think Alabama holster made the one I use that carries it bezel down.

If you are using a 1" diameter light look at a baton swiveling holster. It had a leaf spring tensioner inside. I used a JetBeam M1X light, bezel up.

I'm pretty sure it was this model, comes in different lengths:
    http://www.lapolicegear.com/asprosisc.html
    Last edited by schüler; 09-19-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Here's a link. It is by far the best flashlight holder for a duty belt for a Surefire size light and I feel like I've tried them all.

https://www.alabamaholster.com/produ...light-holster/

Since I use a SF P2X light, I just use the rigid SF mount that fits it. Before that, it'd either be a soft case or hard holder depending on what fit the light.

Im using an eagletac PX30 right now. Its a great little light with some serious lumen output and a very nicely focused hot spot. The throw is absolutely amazing for such a small light.

Im willing to change lights to suit the holster provided the light fits my criteria but so far I havent found that ideal holster.

Id prefer not to use a kydex product as I fully believe I will break it in no time. Im currently using an injection molded holster I bought off of Amazon that mostly fits the bill but I cant find this holster sized to accommodate any 1 inch plus light bezels. I absolutely MUST have a bezel down carry position.

https://www.amazon.com/LegionArms%C2...hlight+holster

While flashlights can seem to be a personal choice...when in uniform I carry a SL20...because it works well for things other than lighting up dark areas. This is on my duty belt and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/Maglite-Leath..._&dpSrc=detail

I've been using a rifle taco as a flashlight holder on my duty belt for years. Allows bezel down carry of a Fury or similar with enough room to carry nitrile gloves beneath it. It might be a little obtrusive in front of the hip bone size-wise, but mine rides just behind my taser at 4ish without issue. A pistol taco might serve your needs if you don't mind carrying it bezel up. Neither are "cantable" but they're super durable, adjustable for tension, etc...

I carry my Estrela Nightreaper in a taco baton/utility pouch on my vest bezel down. My Maglite LED is in a ring similar to what Keefe's posted.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

"One is none, two is one." right I carry two guns, two extra magazines, two sets of cuffs, two car fobs, two handcuff keys, two pens......so of course I carry 3 flashlights. Surefire G2X on my belt, Fennix Pd35 on my outer carrier, and a Streamlight Stinger in my front pocket. The stinger is perfect. Super bright, light 800 lumens. Small enough to fit in my pocket, large enough to tuck under my arm.

And I carry a little heat sealed plastic baggy with a couple Cr123 batteries to make sure I never run out of light.
    Last edited by nwhpfan; 09-20-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    A71593

User Tag List