Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question re: Tyler T-grip

Site Supporter
    I suggest that you look for this item or info about where to find it on the S&W forum, a knowledge bunch on Smiths.

I’ve got several of the BK ones and find I prefer them to the Tyler grip adapters.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I received my Tyler T-Grips today. Check cashed 13 Jul. Delivered today. Quoted website time 4-6 weeks. No markings of any sort and do not look like old T-grips. I would buy the Robertson's alternative all day everyday over these. YMMV.

On the older Colts the Tyler is the only correct fit unless you can find an antique Mershon.

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    On the older Colts the Tyler is the only correct fit unless you can find an antique Mershon.
    I did not find that to be true. My ‘66 Agent was rocking a BK and they fit perfectly.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I did not find that to be true. My ‘66 Agent was rocking a BK and they fit perfectly.

I don't consider a post-WW2 Colt "old".

I was referring to pre-1940 revolvers which have a distinctly different grip shape and pre-1920 are different still.

In particular the New Service, Army Special and prewar Police Positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    I don't consider a post-WW2 Colt "old".

I was referring to pre-1940 revolvers which have a distinctly different grip shape and pre-1920 are different still.

In particular the New Service, Army Special and prewar Police Positives.
    FWIW the BK Colt adaptor fits fine on my Colt 1917 (though the BK is designed for the smaller frames...)
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I like the BKs as well. I ordered a couple of them and they're sitting on my EDC Colt Cobra and one I put on my Colt Agent which has grips that end at the grip frame. That one I had to dremel down a bit, because it was long for the short butt grips. That's not surprising and I'd prefer my adapter to be a little long to fit longer grips and chop it down, than the other way around.

BK was fast with shipping and the product is nice and comparable in texture and structure to the old Pachamyr adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    FWIW the BK Colt adaptor fits fine on my Colt 1917 (though the BK is designed for the smaller frames...)
    Good to know. Thanks for the info!

User Tag List