Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question re: Tyler T-grip

Site Supporter

Question re: Tyler T-grip

For those of you who use Tyler T-grips, have you had any issues with the grip scratching the finish of a blued gun? I am seriously considering adding one of these to one of my revolvers, but wanted to check on this first. Thanks in advance.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    For those of you who use Tyler T-grips, have you had any issues with the grip scratching the finish of a blued gun? I am seriously considering adding one of these to one of my revolvers, but wanted to check on this first. Thanks in advance.
    I can't say that I have, but then again, the gun that I recently put a T-grip on is rather finish-challenged. I might not have noticed.

If that's a concern, you might want to look at buying a BK grip.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

The T-grip is aluminum and with copper stays, not much chance of damaging a blue finish. The ones I have used over the years never caused a blue finish problem. More likely to slightly mar the grip finish on wood grips. As Stephanie B. said, the BK adapter would be less likely to cause any problems being plastic with copper stays. I have been happy with both types.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Mark me down as a fan of the BK grips. I like the double stays, too. Plus, you can krylon them silver if you need to, or if you want to get real fancy, have one of those big shot cerakoters do it in a high tech finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Nope. Use with confidence.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Normally the BK Grip guy sends them out by priority mail within a day or two after you place the order on the website.

Tyler's turnaround time is down to a couple weeks, I believe, which is a lot better than it was a few years ago. And unless things have changed, still have to order them by mail and send them a check.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

My latest order from Tyler's was on 9/1 and it invoiced on 9/11, I received it on 9/18. I am in S. Florida so Irma may have delayed delivery slightly.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Site Supporter
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I am now happier to go ahead and order the T-grip.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Nope. Use with confidence.

Okie John
    What he said.

Site Supporter
    Glad to hear Tyler is back on track. I need an adapter for my 4" M64 as soon as I find a decent set of PC magna stocks. This will be my "last day of work" gun I wear on the job whenever I decide to hang it up.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 09-20-2017 at 06:57 AM.

User Tag List