Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 46?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I think there's some visual trickery from the lack of Slide Lock lever. In hand it seemed , without measuring , to be exactly G19 sized.
    I was basing that observation on the amount of dustcover material that seems to be forward of the locking notch in the accessory rail. I don't remember Glock 19s having that much length FORWARD of the notch.

But it's all based on just seeing pictures, so I'm sure it could be an optical illusion.

The biggest question I have is what keeps the slide from flying off the front, there is no take down lever like previous glocks. That leads me to believe either the striker tab, or the silly gizmo decocker tab on the back of the slide somehow holds everything together. It may make sense when and if we actually get to see this in person.

I'm skeptical at this point simply because Glock obviously has come up with a whole new system and design for taking the pistol down. Almost all other rotating barrel pistol still have some type of takedown located in the traditional areas. I'm curious as to what they came up with, and is it durable. I haven't heard or seen anything about what the tests have been on the system as of yet. All we know is they adopted it, but don't know what the testing protocols were.

At least Glock deleted the front strap cutout on them...

Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool, but it will likely be vaporware here stateside like the 25 and 28.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 06-19-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool, but it will likely be vaporware here stateside like the 25 and 28.
    Well the thing with the 25 and 28 is that they don't make enough import points. The 46 should.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Well the thing with the 25 and 28 is that they don't make enough import points.
    If they thought they’d sell enough, they could make them here like they do for some models.

True, but from what I've read, the recoil on them is about the same or a little worse than the the equivalent 9mm models, because of the difference between blowback operation on the .380's and locked breech operation on the 9's. When you add in the fact that 9mm is cheaper and more powerful, there's no point to them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    The biggest question I have is what keeps the slide from flying off the front, there is no take down lever like previous glocks. That leads me to believe either the striker tab, or the silly gizmo decocker tab on the back of the slide somehow holds everything together. It may make sense when and if we actually get to see this in person.

I'm skeptical at this point simply because Glock obviously has come up with a whole new system and design for taking the pistol down. Almost all other rotating barrel pistol still have some type of takedown located in the traditional areas. I'm curious as to what they came up with, and is it durable. I haven't heard or seen anything about what the tests have been on the system as of yet. All we know is they adopted it, but don't know what the testing protocols were.

At least Glock deleted the front strap cutout on them...

TXPO
    The German Government regulates what the German states can and can’t buy for pistols very closely. They have a very specific set of requirement and testing protocols that the pistols must meet for adoption. The trigger is a direct result of this and the most obvious. It is also why the Germans Police forces adopted the PPQ M3/P3 rather than the M1 or M2.

In terms of durability 3 test pistols must survive firing 10,000 rounds each of the German duty ammo. The ammo is a 94gr “Green” Copper solid that leaves the barrel at 1400fps. There is no parts replacement allowed before 7500 rounds and only minor parts after. All testing is conducted by the Ulm Proof house. This durability test is difficult to pass due to the ammo specified. It is the reason that Walther redesigned the locking geometry on the PPQ and I suspect the reason that Glock went to a rotating barrel. I suspect these guns will be durable.

Another article on the G46 with some interesting pictures.

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/shoo...e-police-test/
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

It does appear slightly longer than a G19. On a standard G19 the nose bevel ends just lined up with the front of the accessory notch. There looks to be a ≈ 5mm extra space there on the G46
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 11-29-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

Thanks for that. It was an interesting read.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I really want this to come to the market here. I would absolutely buy one. Maybe the 10th will be a reveal of a line of pistols based around this design.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 11-29-2019 at 02:20 PM.

User Tag List