Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 46?

Glock 46?

Finally, after allmost 40 years, the bavarian state police is looking for a new handgun to replace our old H&K P-7 PSP.
    Competitors include the H&K SFP 9 (VP9), the Walther PPQ M3, the SIG P320 Compact and... the Glock 46.
    I was stunned, because the technical guidelines for german police handguns require that a pistol must be able to be stripped, without pressing the trigger. Glocks failed to pass this test, so they have allways been restricted for the use by special forces only over here.
    I then looked at some pictures of the pistol. To me it looks pretty much like a gen 5 Glock 19, except of a additional device at the end of the slide. I asked a colleague and learned, that this was kind of a decocking lever, to enhance safety for the stripping process of the gun. So now it passes the tests of the technical guideline.

Has anyone additional information about the Glock 46?
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Last I checked, Glock's model lineup consisted of pistols from 17 to 43. Models 44 and 45 have not yet been released to the public, so I have no idea what a 46 is...

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I'm not surprised. Glock has historically changed small parts of the design to be compatible with the requirements of large LE/MIL contracts. I'm curious to see this new decocking assembly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luger View Post
    Finally, after allmost 40 years, the bavarian state police is looking for a new handgun to replace our old H&K P-7 PSP.
    Competitors include the H&K SFP 9 (VP9), the Walther PPQ M3, the SIG P320 Compact and... the Glock 46.
    I was stunned, because the technical guidelines for german police handguns require that a pistol must be able to be stripped, without pressing the trigger. Glocks failed to pass this test, so they have allways been restricted for the use by special forces only over here.
    I then looked at some pictures of the pistol. To me it looks pretty much like a gen 5 Glock 19, except of a additional device at the end of the slide. I asked a colleague and learned, that this was kind of a decocking lever, to enhance safety for the stripping process of the gun. So now it passes the tests of the technical guideline.

Has anyone additional information about the Glock 46?

Glad to hear you are getting an upgrade.

What kind of holsters do you use the HK?

Do you have any pics of the 46? This is the first I've heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Last I checked, Glock's model lineup consisted of pistols from 17 to 43. Models 44 and 45 have not yet been released to the public, so I have no idea what a 46 is...

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    My money is on the MHS guns coming out as 44 and 45.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    My money is on the MHS guns coming out as 44 and 45.
    Exactly! Glock 22 is a .40 S&@W. Glock 40 is a 10mm (close, at least!), so Glock 44 and 45 HAVE TO BE 9mms!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What kind of holsters do you use the HK?
    Uncle Mike’s Pro-3 Triple Retention Duty for officers in uniform and the Bianchi Carry Lok82 for plain clothes. The Bianchi may be used by officers in uniform, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Are you able to post those pictures?
    I`m sorry, but I guess I`m not allowed to do so.

What size is it ? Is it like a Glock 17 or 19 ?

Forget the Glock, tell me about this PPQ M3...

According to Walther it`s a PPQ with a 3,2kg trigger and a magazine release butto, which can be changed from the left to the right side.

User Tag List