Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More QC problems from Sig Sauer

Meh, as long as I've known about them (only been shooting maybe 6 years) Sig hasn't exactly been known for competent QC. They must have really been something at one point in the past because they seem to be popular beyond their quality.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Yet another QC issue coming out against Sig.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/09/sig...#axzz4t5ECDLqM

I swear if I wasn't so invested in my P229 I'd trade it off for a Gen5 Glock.

Can they not get their shit together?
    Every manufacturing company makes a POS at one time or another. The true test is what they do about it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

On a side note, I just learned that Appleseed Project banned the M&P 15-22 last year due to reports of OOB discharges. To the best of my knowledge still S&W denies any equipment malfunction ("pilot error"), and hasn't done anything about it.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    I replaced my MCX original trigger with the SIG SAUER 2 stage trigger. Although the link in the first post indicates that the MCX triggers are not involved, I received the following email from SS:

I am reaching out to you regarding your receipt of a SIG SAUER two-stage match trigger. SIG SAUER has determined that a small quantity of hammers were shipped after having been improperly heat-treated. During testing these hammers had improper wear, which could cause the firearm to malfunction. This malfunction could cause a serious safety hazard. As a result, SIG is requiring all customers who received a match trigger group to return it, in exchange for a two-stage match trigger.

You might have purchased the match group trigger separately as a kit, had it sent to you as a courtesy upgrade, or had it installed by a SIG SAUER gunsmith. Regardless, if you have a trigger assembly with a SIG logo on the hammer, stop using it immediately.

My #1 priority is to get this fixed at no cost to you. I can either swap out your trigger assembly (if you feel comfortable removing it from your rifle), or I can bring any complete SIG SAUER rifle back to our factory to exchange the components.

Here is my email address (robert.gagnon@sigsauer.com) and my phone number (603) 610-3841. Let me know which option you prefer.

I will send you a shipping label and box with instructions out to you within 24 business hours of you getting in touch with me. A new trigger kit or your rifle with new trigger will be returned to you within 7 - 10 working days from me getting it here in New Hampshire.

If I don’t hear from you I will follow-up with a phone call. Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation. We appreciate your patronage and want to ensure your SIG SAUER product meets the high standard the SIG brand delivers.

Sincerely,

Robert Gagnon

Customer Service Representative

robert.gagnon@sigsauer.com

D: +1 (603) 610-3841

Hammertime
    Why the hell aren't they handling the P320
    like that? That is exactly how this sort of thing should be handled.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    On a side note, I just learned that Appleseed Project banned the M&P 15-22 last year due to reports of OOB discharges. To the best of my knowledge still S&W denies any equipment malfunction ("pilot error"), and hasn't done anything about it.
    Wasn't that because of home done trigger jobs and spring kits? Or were there actual problems with factory stock triggers?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Sorry, but people who kiss this off as "all companies make a lemon from time to time" are one of the problems here; they're giving cover to companies who practice poor quality control techniques. We're not building things the way we did in the 1940s so there's no excuse for substandard parts. If you follow the right procedures, which includes monitoring subcontractors, the parts you put in and the procedures you follow actively prevent such errors. If the part did not get properly heat-treated there was a massive QC failure, and it means other parts and other procedures are also untrustworthy. If they do it right there are no lemons.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Wasn't that because of home done trigger jobs and spring kits? Or were there actual problems with factory stock triggers?
    I have no idea. I hadn't seen that based on the couple articles and threads that I've read. I would think that Appleseed would want to encourage 15-22's in their class, and I would have taken that into consideration in their ban.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    I wish sig would have stuck to just making P220,226,229,232, 239, and the Sig Pro. Offer DA/SA, DAK, and DAO. Keep it simple, keep it reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I wish sig would have stuck to just making P220,226,229,232, 239, and the Sig Pro. Offer DA/SA, DAK, and DAO. Keep it simple, keep it reliable.
    And they'd have gone out of business. It's the rare gun collector who frequently shoots what they own. So Sig takes existing capital stock and markets it to multiple segments. That's why we have so many different versions of the same gun; an STX 1911 costs almost double a regular Sig 1911 while maybe costing 20% more to make. That's where they make their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Sorry, but people who kiss this off as "all companies make a lemon from time to time" are one of the problems here; they're giving cover to companies who practice poor quality control techniques. We're not building things the way we did in the 1940s so there's no excuse for substandard parts. If you follow the right procedures, which includes monitoring subcontractors, the parts you put in and the procedures you follow actively prevent such errors. If the part did not get properly heat-treated there was a massive QC failure, and it means other parts and other procedures are also untrustworthy. If they do it right there are no lemons.
    Unfortunately even the best companies make mistakes. Want to see a gun company that's made a mistake? Just look in your safe. The difference between the good and bad ones is what they do about it. Does the company own up to the issue and actually fix it ? Or do they bob and weave around the problem?
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List