Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P 9mm Accuracy Problem

I agree. The M&P is a great platform in many ways except for the accuracy problems in 9mm. And speaking of accuracy, how does a single 5 shot group at 10 yards tell you anything about the accuracy of a pistol? But that is how they determined that there was no problem from their perspective.

Corey--That is an unacceptable response by S&W; I would definitely re-contact them and escalate the issue to a higher level.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Corey--That is an unacceptable response by S&W; I would definitely re-contact them and escalate the issue to a higher level.
    This. Here's the thing about customer service: It's entirely dependent upon who you talk to. S&W as a company does try hard, in my experience...but that doesn't mean that everyone in the company goes above and beyond in the effort to take care of customers. Talking to a different person may get you different results.

This is an unfortunate requirement whether you're dealing with guns, computers, cell phones, or the transmission on a Chrysler.

I admit to being not very mechanically inclined.

If the barrel lug/lock up is the problem, will an aftermarket--such as KKM fix the issue? I have invested quite a bit in this platform, and don't want to start over with something else.

Thank you very much in advance.

In theory yes, but the aftermarket barrels available are not oversized enough to make an appreciable difference from what I have read.

I have 2 Storm Lake "match" barrels on the way to work with a few M&P's, I will post up with any results, or if S&W decides that I do in fact need to be able to hit the target.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    A while back I called Storm Lake, they said it did not increase the lock time.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    A while back I called Storm Lake, they said it did not increase the lock time.
    Given the money and time I have sunk into pissing with it I think the price of the barrels is minor. Best thing that could happen is it solves the problem, right?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Best thing that could happen is it solves the problem, right?
    Sure, but the flip side is that you could end up with something that doesn't shoot better than the factory barrel.

Personally, I'd send them back and hold out for BarSto/Apex locking block solution.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Sure, but the flip side is that you could end up with something that doesn't shoot better than the factory barrel.

Personally, I'd send them back and hold out for BarSto/Apex locking block solution.
    I will be buying a few Bar-Sto barrels when they come out.

From personal experience useing a Storm Lake barrel in my failed M&P, the only thing is did was lower the velocity of the bullet by 10fps. No other differences.

User Tag List