Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: M&P 9mm Accuracy Problem

was not able to take photo of the target but i shot my M&P9 from 20meters 12 rounds total and all went in in a circle 6" diameter POI is POA standing, un-supported two handed grip...

ammunition used is re-load 125grain led heads and 3.8grains of vit...

no mods except APEX sear...

is this good enough accuracy out of my M&P?
    legitimate deliverer of combat power and manager of violence - Col. D.A.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 2292641963

Quote Originally Posted by MangPol View Post
    was not able to take photo of the target but i shot my M&P9 from 20meters 12 rounds total and all went in in a circle 6" diameter POI is POA standing, un-supported two handed grip...

ammunition used is re-load 125grain led heads and 3.8grains of vit...

no mods except APEX sear...

is this good enough accuracy out of my M&P?
    In my opinion, it's impossible to say because it's so relative. Have you shot groups with other pistols, and if so, what where they like?

If I could hold 2" groups with a Glock, then I would not be happy with 6" from from an M&P. But perhaps you shoot the same size groups with a Glock, CZ, etc . In that case, I think most here would be happy if their M&P could just replicate the accuracy of comparable pistols.

Edited to say: If you don't have another accurate gun to shoot and see what groups you are capable of shooting off hand, I'd shoot it from a rest and see if the groups tightened up. A little tighter and I'd probably be happy.
    Last edited by Leozinho; 02-21-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmanP View Post
    From personal experience useing a Storm Lake barrel in my failed M&P, the only thing is did was lower the velocity of the bullet by 10fps. No other differences.
    Pooling this and other comments from Brian Enos' forum allowed me to conclude that the Storm Lake barrels, while not out of this world, would not be worse. As I mentioned heading back and forth between the range to see how the gun shoots is getting costly by itself. It is my opinion that the money spent will not be wasted as I will know if it works. If I end up with an acceptable gun and have to use a $140 barrel so be it. I will have an acceptable gun. Constantly bitching about it online without putting effort into it is foolish.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

The Storm Lake may be less ammo picky at it's 1:16 twist.

One of the two possibilities has me giving more money to S&W. I want to exhaust my options with warranty first.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List