Thread: Sig 220 10mm

Sig 220 10mm

The other thread on sig 10mm was when they were about to come out.

Anyone besides GJM got one?

Reliability and durability compared to a 1911 in 10mm?

Pros, cons, info, pics, etc. would be appreciated.

Saw this one and the LGS and kinda tempted to sell off some
    stuff...

Name:  719000440.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  21.9 KB

Its a nice idea, my question what does it do better than a Glock 20.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    Its a nice idea, my question what does it do better than a Glock 20.
    The single stack mag/grip fits my munchkin hands much better.

And I have heard of 10mm glocks malfunctioning with hot loads.

Being an outdoors/woods gun, the capacity doesn't matter as much IMO.

I have zero experience with a 10mm P220.

In theory, it may be easier to tune with hot, hard cast loads with a wide meplat, because it feeds with a single stack magazine, and you can alter both the firing pin stop geometry, and the main spring, in addition to the recoil spring.

Did GJM try one? I'd be surprised if he didn't....
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    The single stack mag/grip fits my munchkin hands much better.

And I have heard of 10mm glocks malfunctioning with hot loads.

Being an outdoors/woods gun, the capacity doesn't matter as much IMO.
    Factories set their guns up to run on the mild store bought loads for the most part.

Start running high velocity loads regularly through any 10mm and you're going to have issues. I ran 10mm Tanfoglio pistols for a time as my carry circumstances were unique enough to merit the round- and no I didn't live in the woods.
    After the steel frame of my 2lb Italian pistol started peening I got the hint and switched to 9mm. GJMs luck wasn't much better; while I'm sure it's possible to make a 10mm run high velocity loads regularly without issue , it won't be an out of the box setup.
    IIRC he went the 45 Super route.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Agreed. You can do the same job in a USP with .45 Super for less money (or get an Expert or Elite if you want the long barrel). And it will be lighter to carry.

Some people complain about difficulty with the magazines on the 10mm Sig, but I'm not sure that can't be addressed with a little polishing, as I did on my LCP. Never tried.

The all-steel long slide P220 is heavy, too. I really like the long slide with an aluminum frame, but the all steel is pretty nose-heavy. These are still available and dead sexy in person. https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer...l#.WcB16rJ95hE The price is fantastic if you are in a state where you don't get charged tax.

10mm exceeds my personal snowflake limit. I'd tend toward a revolver in .357, .41 or .44 for a general carry woods gun over 10mm, as it will function the same with bunny fart or full-house loads, or just go with the aforementioned USP, which will run anything from standard-pressure ball at $0.26/rd to HST +P to .45 Super.

On the other hand, a 10mm P220 has a high "I want it" quotient, so if that's the case, w'all (we-all) are unlikely to keep you talked out of it for long.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

According to this thread the P220/10mm was designed to handle hot loads.

If anyone cares enough about the topic, I'd search for comments by "Grayguns" (Bruce Gray) for specific comments.

Apparently there's a Legion version coming out.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    According to this thread the P220/10mm was designed to handle hot loads.

If anyone cares enough about the topic, I'd search for comments by "Grayguns" (Bruce Gray) for specific comments.

Apparently there's a Legion version coming out.
    10mm and "Rob Cohen QC" don't mix.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Uh. Ok. I’ll take your word for it.
    David S.

User Tag List