Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: On the Road to Submission?

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The article sucks.
    Yes. But only because it reaches too far.

America isn't surrendering to anything except progress. I don't see very many people praying five times a day,and if I did I wouldn't bat an eye anyways. Islam isn't my faith,but neither is Catholicism. I see no reason to blame the problems of America on any one religious group.

Such is how you get WWII Germany.
    Interesting opinion.

Wake up. American population centers have already largely surrendered to any ideology willing to organize itself.

And that's just a symptom of the real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post

Wake up. American population centers have already largely surrendered to any ideology willing to organize itself.
    That...doesn't really make sense or stand up to argument. You might want to elaborate to support your argument.

EDIT: or not, your call ( I promised myself to not get involved in political threads...)
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 09-18-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    That...doesn't really make sense or stand up to argument. You might want to elaborate to support your argument.

EDIT: or not, your call ( I promised myself to not get involved in political threads...)
    Do you live in a major metro area?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    FNFan posts "I believe I heard Britain has > 60 Sharia courts."

1. Are these courts' judgements given full faith and credit by the crown?
    2. Are their judgements enforceable using recognized techniques i.e. garnishments, liens, lawsuit, etc
    3. Are their judgements enforceable against non muslims
    4. Are their judgements in fact binding against anyone who does not volunteer to be bound by them.

With no links, no context and the phrasing " I believe I heard that ...." you can understand how that does not seem very authoritative i.e. " I believe I heard that Glocks can defeat a metal detector because they are made of mostly plastic"

No judgements being made/ food for thought/YMMV greatly
    That's a very good point. Will look into it and clarify.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by schüler View Post
    Do you live in a major metro area?
    Thats not especially relevant to anything but I am a Texan.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    FNFan posts "I believe I heard Britain has > 60 Sharia courts."

1. Are these courts' judgements given full faith and credit by the crown?
    2. Are their judgements enforceable using recognized techniques i.e. garnishments, liens, lawsuit, etc
    3. Are their judgements enforceable against non muslims
    4. Are their judgements in fact binding against anyone who does not volunteer to be bound by them.

With no links, no context and the phrasing " I believe I heard that ...." you can understand how that does not seem very authoritative i.e. " I believe I heard that Glocks can defeat a metal detector because they are made of mostly plastic"

No judgements being made/ food for thought/YMMV greatly
    I've already addressed this, but just to clarify:

1) No.
    2) No, unless agreed to as binding arbitration by both parties. Then it's treated like any other arbitration service where both parties have agreed to abide by the ruling.
    3) No, or even against Muslims who don't want to be a party to the court.
    4) No, other than via social expectations. I suppose the Christian equivalent would be excommunication. The inability to attend services, shunned by the community, that sort of thing.

https://fullfact.org/law/uks-sharia-courts/ addresses the UK and Sharia courts specifically.

I have to admit I get edgy when people talk about not allowing religious law. As a Roman Catholic, I am bound by the Code of Canon Law.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    By the title of the thread, I clicked on this expecting to discuss BJJ.
    I too am disappoint.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I have to admit I get edgy when people talk about not allowing religious law. As a Roman Catholic, I am bound by the Code of Canon Law.
    Yes, but we are not talking about allowing the Catholic Church to set up and run courts that would be enforceable. That is the difference.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Yes, but we are not talking about allowing the Catholic Church to set up and run courts that would be enforceable. That is the difference.
    What religious courts that are enforceable are we talking about setting up?

User Tag List