Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On the Road to Submission?

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    The word Islam means "submission" and much of what we know of as "Western Civilization" appears to be on the road to "Islam."

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2017/submission
    The article sucks.

America isn't surrendering to anything except progress. I don't see very many people praying five times a day,and if I did I wouldn't bat an eye anyways. Islam isn't my faith,but neither is Catholicism. I see no reason to blame the problems of America on any one religious group.

Such is how you get WWII Germany.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    FNFan posts "I believe I heard Britain has > 60 Sharia courts."

1. Are these courts' judgements given full faith and credit by the crown?
    2. Are their judgements enforceable using recognized techniques i.e. garnishments, liens, lawsuit, etc
    3. Are their judgements enforceable against non muslims
    4. Are their judgements in fact binding against anyone who does not volunteer to be bound by them.

With no links, no context and the phrasing " I believe I heard that ...." you can understand how that does not seem very authoritative i.e. " I believe I heard that Glocks can defeat a metal detector because they are made of mostly plastic"

No judgements being made/ food for thought/YMMV greatly

My wiener dog says cats are in a conspiracy with squirrel s to take over the world and advocates barking at them to let them know what they are up to. Wake up Sheeple!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I am not afraid of Islam or of Muslims and have zero reason to believe that they will exert a directly negative effect on our society, government, or culture.

The biggest fear I have is our national surrender to fearmongering and xenophobia. This is the sort of trend that persuades a populace to slowly abandon their liberties in exchange for safety. As Ben Franklin said (out of context), those who do so deserve neither.

I'm happy to pay the pros to shoot/detonate the nutbars and to leave it at that.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 09-18-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Submission to the will of God, not just "submission" to anything/anyone.

Sharia courts in the UK aren't criminal courts and don't override the existing legal structure. They exist to settle differences in doctrine, to mediate disputes between attendees of the mosque, etc. It is no different than allowing churches in the US to decide who they will marry. We don't force Catholic churches to marry gay people, because they believe it is against God's law (Sharia, in Arabic) yet we allow gays to get married in churches that will allow it or anyone can bypass the whole religious law issue and just get a civil marriage and call it a day.

You could also point out the Jews in the UK have the exact same system, the "Beth Din", their own religious courts to hash out. Catholics have tribunals, which again, have effects on how something is viewed religiously but no authority civilly (ie, annulment of marriage by a tribunal does not grant a civil divorce). So the fact Muslims also have religious courts to do the exact same thing isn't really evidence of something scary and undermining existing civil authority. Yet it'll be painted that way, because it's a lot easier to be "us" if we can have a "them", and Muslims are scary.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The Germans (among other nations) have gone from one extreme to another...and yet the middle seems so unappealing to so many. Sad that, imho.

It appears we are doomed to repeat history like Sisyphus ever rolling the boulder back up the mountain...a never ending groundhog day.
    Bonus points for fitting both these dudes into a response. You're an educated man.

Site Supporter
    While most Muslims are good and decent people, not recognizing the threat posed by the Islamic world and Islamic immigration is part of the reason for the West's peril.

To compare this to the sentiment in Nazi Germany is foolish, bordering on stupid.

Site Supporter
    A few months olld, but I really like this guy. So far all the simple minded people who think expressing concern means you hate all Muslims, well I am proud to call the man a fellow American and I'm glad he's fighting to save his faith.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/54604...#sp=show-clips
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 09-18-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    By the title of the thread, I clicked on this expecting to discuss BJJ.
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 09-18-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    By the title of the thread, I clicked on this expecting to discuss BJJ.

Speaking of this, where is BaiHu?

User Tag List