Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anyone still carrying a H&K USP 45 on duty?

So this happened tonight...

It's an AC date code (2002) USP 45 V1. My very close friend and former beat partner bought it new and carried it until he switched to the M&P 40 in 2008. I first shot it in 2006 or so and decided I wanted one like it. He just got assigned to a detective spot and wanted a mid-2000's Glock 19 I had sitting in the back of the safe so we swapped tonight. I bought the new no longer made Safariland 6270 from ebay a few weeks back. I have a set of Trijicon HD's on the way.

Damn this thing has a nice DA/SA trigger! I want to switch it to the Hybrid Match LEM, but it almost seems like a shame. The decocker/safety switch is annoying though.

I'm going to call H&K on Monday arrange shipping it back to them for a freshening up.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post

It's an AC date code (2002) USP 45 V1. My very close friend and former beat partner bought it new and carried it until he switched to the M&P 40 in 2008. I first shot it in 2006 or so and decided I wanted one like it. He just got assigned to a detective spot and wanted a mid-2000's Glock 19 I had sitting in the back of the safe so we swapped tonight. I bought the new no longer made Safariland 6270 from ebay a few weeks back. I have a set of Trijicon HD's on the way.

Damn this thing has a nice DA/SA trigger! I want to switch it to the Hybrid Match LEM, but it almost seems like a shame. The decocker/safety switch is annoying though.

I'm going to call H&K on Monday arrange shipping it back to them for a freshening up.
    My USP 45 is also an AC date code and our serial numbers are roughly 300 apart!

...and off to H&K for a freshen-up and LEM Hybrid Mach trigger we go.

...and off to H&K for a freshen-up and LEM Hybrid Mach trigger we go.
    Another possibility would be to use a v3 plate, which makes the lever only a decocker and not a thumb safety. That and a 12 pound hammer spring to lighten the DA. The HD sights are closer to drive the dot, than top of the front sight, but you will like how the rear sight is contained in the dovetail, and forward enough to not tear up your clothing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Another possibility would be to use a v3 plate, which makes the lever only a decocker and not a thumb safety. That and a 12 pound hammer spring to lighten the DA. The HD sights are closer to drive the dot, than top of the front sight, but you will like how the rear sight is contained in the dovetail, and forward enough to not tear up your clothing.
    I thought about going V3, as the DA/SA pulls is phenomenal on this particular gun, but I really want it slick-side without controls. I've been Glocking too long...

HD sights showed up this afternoon after I sent the pistol out. Figures. I'll swap them out as soon as I get it back. I already replaced the RSA with a fresh unit from our armory.

The 6270 I bought is really tight and re-holstering not nearly as smooth as I remember with my Glock. I may have to do a 6280.

Site Supporter
    I thought about going V3, as the DA/SA pulls is phenomenal on this particular gun, but I really want it slick-side without controls. I've been Glocking too long...

HD sights showed up this afternoon after I sent the pistol out. Figures. I'll swap them out as soon as I get it back. I already replaced the RSA with a fresh unit from our armory.

The 6270 I bought is really tight and re-holstering not nearly as smooth as I remember with my Glock. I may have to do a 6280.
    I'm pretty sure you have been doing this job a lot longer than me, and maybe the 6280 works for you. Have you thought about an ALS variant? The 6280 I was issued several years ago did not inspire any confidence in me about retention.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have been doing this job a lot longer than me, and maybe the 6280 works for you. Have you thought about an ALS variant? The 6280 I was issued several years ago did not inspire any confidence in me about retention.
    They don't make an ALS for the USP. They make the 070 and 6280 and used to make the Raptor.

I have no issue with the retention of the 6280. I've carried a couple different pistols in them at work. Just make sure the screw is fairly tight and use a Sentry device.

I haven't given up on the 6270 yet. Once I have the gun back I'll grease up the holster with silicon spray and practice with it a bunch.

Vending Machine Operator

Pretty much if you read more than 3 pages of any major pistol-forum thread you're gonna buy that gun. Totally relate.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List