Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still carrying a H&K USP 45 on duty?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    When did they fix the broken firing pin issue? Maybe it was the the late 90s. Might be worth looking into.

Is the 6270 an SLS only or ALS?
    The 6270 is a Level II Raptor. It has an SLS hood and requires a rock-back motion to unholster similar to the 070.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    The 6270 is a Level II Raptor. It has an SLS hood and requires a rock-back motion to unholster similar to the 070.
    Yes that's right. While I prefer the ALS, I would not be uncomfortable carrying that at all.

Would you carry the USP off duty?

Site Supporter
    When did they fix the broken firing pin issue? Maybe it was the the late 90s. Might be worth looking into.

Is the 6270 an SLS only or ALS?
    Early 2000's - 2003 ish as I recall. We issued the USPC LEM in 40 at the time.

Yes that's right. While I prefer the ALS, I would not be uncomfortable carrying that at all.

Would you carry the USP off duty?
    I eventually would probably buy a P2000sk LEM to carry off-duty.

While sacrilegious to some on this forum, an old Colt Agent re-worked by Karl Sokol has been my preferred off-duty for years and I don't see that changing soon.

Would this replace your Jardine Series 80 for duty use? The USP should be much lower maintenance in a duty environment (I assume it's difficult to keep a blued gun clean in a duty environment). Also, I would hate to have the Jardine sit in an evidence locker for an extended period.

PS- any chance of updating your photos of the Jardine out of Photobucket hell? I apologize, as its unsightly to covet someone else's pistol, but your Jardine makes me weak in my manly parts.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ...and have the best triggers of any hammer HK.
    Plus one. The USP's trigger feels great.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    and have the best triggers of any hammer HK.
    I'm an HK noob but I've heard from someone here that LEM is "best" on the USP, is there any specific reasoning behind this? I'm picking up a USP 45 in about an hour or so that I will probably leave at V1 for a while before converting it to some variation of LEM. I just hope I don't contract some form of an HK disease in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    I'm an HK noob but I've heard from someone here that LEM is "best" on the USP, is there any specific reasoning behind this? I'm picking up a USP 45 in about an hour or so that I will probably leave at V1 for a while before converting it to some variation of LEM. I just hope I don't contract some form of an HK disease in the next few months.
    Not just LEM, but "match hybrid LEM." The regular LEM is quite heavy on a USP.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Would this replace your Jardine Series 80 for duty use? The USP should be much lower maintenance in a duty environment (I assume it's difficult to keep a blued gun clean in a duty environment). Also, I would hate to have the Jardine sit in an evidence locker for an extended period.

PS- any chance of updating your photos of the Jardine out of Photobucket hell? I apologize, as its unsightly to covet someone else's pistol, but your Jardine makes me weak in my manly parts.
    Yes, it would replace the Jardine gun. The evidence locker thing is a myth. That just doesn't happen around here. A gun used in an OIS is usually back to the officer within a couple of days after the crime lab does their thing. As much as I love that gun, keeping a blued gun steel gun clean working out and about is a pain. Rain and sweat mean dedicating cleaning time almost every few days. Carrying it, and four additional loaded magazines, on your hip everyday with a very sensitive sciatic nerve is also a pain (literally).

I've flipped flopped back and forth between that gun and my Glock 17 for the past four years or so depending on what assignment I've been in. Lately it's been the Glock. So the USP will probably replace them both if I decide to go that route. The USP is a big gun and I may decide to just stick with the G17. We will see.

Since you're so persistent...

User Tag List