Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still carrying a H&K USP 45 on duty?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Funny boy.
    They're just bricks from the 90s to me, but then that doesn't mean they aren't useful.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    They're just bricks from the 90s to me, but then that doesn't mean they aren't useful.
    They definitely are blocky. On the other side, they are incredibly accurate/reliable/durable, can launch a range of ammo from light target to .45 Super, and have the best triggers of any hammer HK.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think the Maine State Police carry the HK45c. That's as close as I know of.
    Uniformed troopers are issued the HK45 full size. The HK45c is issued in smaller numbers, from what I understand.
    Last edited by Le Français; 09-18-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Uniformed troopers are issued the HK45 full size. The HK45c is issued in smaller numbers, from what I understand.
    Thank you for the correction. I may be wrong again but I think they had issued either the USP or USPc/both in the past.

Apparently Federal Cartridges uses, or did use a USP FS .45, in their manufacturing process. As reported on HK Pro, secretary calls up HK CS and says they want to send the USP back for preventive maintenance. CS person asks how many rounds fired, as service may not be needed. She says "let me check," and reports 278, 000.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I carried one cocked and locked for a number of years up until 2008. I still have it. I went to it after a 1911 phase. I wanted a .45, good trigger, and reliable. The USP45 was a no brainer.
    A71593

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thank you for the correction. I may be wrong again but I think they had issued either the USP or USPc/both in the past.
    You're right. That was the previous combo.

I ask because I just traded my way into a pristine early 2000's USP 45 in the case with four mags. The gun belonged to a former beat partner who carried it briefly before switching to a department issued M&P 40.

It's currently a V1. I'm going to send it back to H&K to have they Hybrid Match LEM installed and then I'll throw on a set of Trijicon HD's to replace the burned out Meps. I also have a brand spankin new Safariland 6270 for it. I'm thinking about carrying it.

I blame GJM and Darryl for my love affair with HK USP, USPT 45 full size. I am considering going away from my P30 V1 LEM to a USP 45 either LEM/Match or cocked and locked. Bear in mind I have big bony hands.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I ask because I just traded my way into a pristine early 2000's USP 45 in the case with four mags. The gun belonged to a former beat partner who carried it briefly before switching to a department issued M&P 40.

It's currently a V1. I'm going to send it back to H&K to have they Hybrid Match LEM installed and then I'll throw on a set of Trijicon HD's to replace the burned out Meps. I also have a brand spankin new Safariland 6270 for it. I'm thinking about carrying it.

When did they fix the broken firing pin issue? Maybe it was the the late 90s. Might be worth looking into.

Is the 6270 an SLS only or ALS?

User Tag List