Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone still carrying a H&K USP 45 on duty?

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    They're just bricks from the 90s to me, but then that doesn't mean they aren't useful.
    If I was one to take offense to mere words......them might qualify
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Yes, it would replace the Jardine gun. The evidence locker thing is a myth. That just doesn't happen around here. A gun used in an OIS is usually back to the officer within a couple of days after the crime lab does their thing. As much as I love that gun, keeping a blued gun steel gun clean working out and about is a pain. Rain and sweat mean dedicating cleaning time almost every few days. Carrying it, and four additional loaded magazines, on your hip everyday with a very sensitive sciatic nerve is also a pain (literally).

I've flipped flopped back and forth between that gun and my Glock 17 for the past four years or so depending on what assignment I've been in. Lately it's been the Glock. So the USP will probably replace them both if I decide to go that route. The USP is a big gun and I may decide to just stick with the G17. We will see.
    First of all- thank you for the photos, they will be put to good use. The cons of a blued all steel gun are many, but they are classic.

Regarding the evidence locker, you're lucky. We had in a completely non-controversial OIS in 12/2012. We got my partners' pistols back from the state in 12/2016.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post

Regarding the evidence locker, you're lucky. We had in a completely non-controversial OIS in 12/2012. We got my partners' pistols back from the state in 12/2016.
    Your POA or DSA needs to get on that! That is completely absurd. Crime Lab should do a report to make sure everything is in spec, exemplar rounds/brass fired, and then the gun returned to the officer. There is absolutely zero reason for them to hang on to it.

In principle, I agree. In practice, they were department owned pistols and they were issued replacements (out of other officers' holsters) on scene. Personally owned duty guns are not unheard of, but also not widespread in the free portion of the northeast.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    If I was one to take offense to mere words......them might qualify
    Don't worry I hate on everything. I have an HK45 if I need the updated version of the USP brick for anything
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

KevH beautiful 1911!

My sister in-laws dad has and used the usp45 back some years ago. Great guns like everyone knows, super reliable and rock solid. Someone mentioned they are big and blocky. That they are but they are tanks. Of course Glocks are blocky as well. For a 45 duty gun, I dont think you could go wrong. That's were this guns excels. Absolute work horses, I for sure want one some day.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Apparently Federal Cartridges uses, or did use a USP FS .45, in their manufacturing process. As reported on HK Pro, secretary calls up HK CS and says they want to send the USP back for preventive maintenance. CS person asks how many rounds fired, as service may not be needed. She says "let me check," and reports 278, 000.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    This is when I wish I had bigger hands. I'm not sure how small hands and a USP45 would do. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This is when I wish I had bigger hands. I'm not sure how small hands and a USP45 would do. Lol
    I can take pictures of my small hands and compare them both to a Glock 19 and a USP 45 along with some of my thoughts if you want.

My wife is 5-7, 120, wears men's small gloves, and shoots a USP 45 FS fine.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List