Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli M2 Stock Length (LOP)

Why not go on-line, measure the vent rib in the picture, and calculate where the spacing falls. I got between 18-19 inches, which would be perfect, but I would like someone to check my math.

The Comfortech stock is highly desirable. I have heard of people cutting the non-Comfortech, but given how the pads slip on the Comfortech stock, I don't see how you can shorten it and maintain the same pad set-up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Edited: Disregard, it was cutting down an M4 stock. Principal should be the same though if one is so inclinded. Link below.

Benelli really doesn't make this stock LOP issue easy, and is why I'm leaning towards an 870.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-g...istiansen.html
    Last edited by StraitR; 09-19-2017 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Why not go on-line, measure the vent rib in the picture, and calculate where the spacing falls. I got between 18-19 inches, which would be perfect, but I would like someone to check my math.

The Comfortech stock is highly desirable. I have heard of people cutting the non-Comfortech, but given how the pads slip on the Comfortech stock, I don't see how you can shorten it and maintain the same pad set-up.
    I'd be glad to. What link are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    I'd be glad to. What link are you using?
    Go to Gunbroker, find a 26 Compact, and work with the picture.

Looks like 18.5" to me.

Is there a difference in barrel weight and durability between the 18.5" M2 tactical and a cut 26" bird gun barrel?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Is there a difference in barrel weight and durability between the 18.5" M2 tactical and a cut 26" bird gun barrel?
    All I know is the Benelli gunsmith said there wouldn't be enough metal near a cut barrel to support re-installation of choke tubes. That suggests there is a difference.

Cut any plastic stock. Rough interior surface to hold the epoxied in wood blocks that you screw the new pad to.

I found the Comfortech stock worked well on a pump gun (Super Nova) with most loads and just started to work with heavy loads
    when attached to a M2 or the like.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Cut any plastic stock. Rough interior surface to hold the epoxied in wood blocks that you screw the new pad to.

I found the Comfortech stock worked well on a pump gun (Super Nova) with most loads and just started to work with heavy loads
    when attached to a M2 or the like.
    Interesting. I did a direct comparison with the OEM pistol grip stock on a 14 inch M2, and found the Comfortech remarkably more pleasant to shoot Brenneke Classic Magnum slugs with.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interesting. I did a direct comparison with the OEM pistol grip stock on a 14 inch M2, and found the Comfortech remarkably more pleasant to shoot Brenneke Classic Magnum slugs with.
    That would agree with my impressions. The heavier the more it worked. Brenneke Mags...yup, the stock works.
    Last edited by P.E. Kelley; 09-20-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

User Tag List