Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli M2 Stock Length (LOP)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can't tell the difference between the youth Comfortech and regular one with thinner pad, in terms of recoil.
    That's impressive. Do you think that is because the stock is so effective it has largely negated the recoil pad on the end?

The two top shotguns have the youth, and the bottom is a regular Comfortech with a thin pad. Youth stocks LOP is 13.0 and 13.75 for regular stock. I prefer the 13.0 for my use. Would be interested to see if the M2 26 inch youth vent rib spacing cuts nicely to 18-19 inches.

All the slugs recoil enough that small differences escape me.

Name:  IMG_2294.jpg
Views: 7104
Size:  34.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I just measured a Super Black Eagle 26 inch, and the spacing would be perfect for an 18 inch barrel. If the M2 26 is the same, that in a youth stock cut to 18 with a S1 would be awesome.

How are the pic rails attached to the forend?

I've been looking at m2s and I'm 5'6", would having a smith chop a stock and install a grind to fit stock be a bad option? I like 12 inch lop is that possible with the recoil tube in the stock?

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post

I've been looking at m2s and I'm 5'6", would having a smith chop a stock and install a grind to fit stock be a bad option? I like 12 inch lop is that possible with the recoil tube in the stock?
    Unlike the 1301, M2 fore end is thick enough to drill and tap. Brockman did that.

12 would be OK in a pump, but a semi doesn't need such a short LOP, and a bit longer is better for recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post

Regardless of what length of pull you want, I understand chopping a plastic stock is more complicated than a wood stock. If I understand it correctly, there's a bracing piece under the recoil pad. To move a bracing piece towards the trigger would require a different sized piece, because the stock gets smaller farther up. At least, that's how I understand it, and is the reason I posted this thread.

I tried to use math to look at the spacing on the 26 inch vent rib on the M2 Compact, and figure out what it might cut back to. My math, obviously suspect, suggests a barrel between 18-19 inches should be possible. Adding some AO sights, a Nordic tube, and a S1, should make a slick rig.

I tried to use math to look at the spacing on the 26 inch vent rib on the M2 Compact, and figure out what it might cut back to. My math, obviously suspect, suggests a barrel between 18-19 inches should be possible. Adding some AO sights, a Nordic tube, and a S1, should make a slick rig.
    Spoke to Benelli USA customer service just now. Main question was whether they had, or expected to have, different thickness recoil pad for the Youth M2; they do not. They are aware that some gunsmith services - Brownells or Mid West Gun Supply had the parts necessary to support a stock shortening. Good news if someone wants a tactical version.

While there I asked whether the rib spacing for the Youth M2 and the Super Black Eagle were the same or similar. CS went away to ask gunsmith who said they were similar but might have to adjust a quarter or half an inch. That doesn't appear to be a deal killer. So, reasonable news all around.

I also

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Spoke to Benelli USA customer service just now. Main question was whether they had, or expected to have, different thickness recoil pad for the Youth M2; they do not. They are aware that some gunsmith services - Brownells or Mid West Gun Supply had the parts necessary to support a stock shortening. Good news if someone wants a tactical version.

While there I asked whether the rib spacing for the Youth M2 and the Super Black Eagle were the same or similar. CS went away to ask gunsmith who said they were similar but might have to adjust a quarter or half an inch. That doesn't appear to be a deal killer. So, reasonable news all around.

I also
    Respectfully, I think the information you got from them is misleading. The "stock shortening" components are the Compact stocks at about $400, and rib spacing makes a big deal, unless your idea of a short barrel is 14-16 inches and a short regular barrel is 18-21 inches. The youth stock 20 gauge 24 inch barrel, for example, cuts to between 20-21, not 18-18.5 inches.

Respectfully, I think the information you got from them is misleading. The "stock shortening" components are the Compact stocks at about $400, and rib spacing makes a big deal, unless your idea of a short barrel is 14-16 inches and a short regular barrel is 18-21 inches. The youth stock 20 gauge 24 inch barrel, for example, cuts to between 20-21, not 18-18.5 inches.
    It's certainly possible that he did a thought-leap on me, but at the time we were discussing the innards of a cut stock and spacers. He mentioned that in some cases a gunsmith would have to install a lot of dowels into the butt in order to have something to screw the new pad to.

Re the ribs we were discussing the 26-inch field Youth model, but, again, I was not speaking to the gunsmith himself so I don't know how much the CS rep pursued my specifics.

User Tag List