Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli M2 Stock Length (LOP)

Benelli M2 Stock Length (LOP)

I'm playing with the idea of a Benelli M2 shotgun and would prefer the Comfortech stock. However, I understand they come in 14-1/2" Length of Pull (LOP), which is entirely too long. (I know it's too long after two Beretta O/U with that LOP - skeet coach measured me at 13.6".) I know it would be expensive to cut off the CT stock, as it would need a spacer of the right size inside it.

So, what are my options on stock length changes?

Benelli offers 3 recoil pad lengths. All just pop in. I don't have one in front of me, but I am confident you can get to 13.75" with the short one.
    And they have offered (not an option but a change in production) "shorter and longer" stocks. They DO sell a Youth stock that I think is 13" LOP.
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Aside from the thinner recoil pad mentioned by Patrick, Benelli does offer a Compact Comfortech stock, but they are very proud of them (more so than standard Benelli stuff, IMO). I don't see one listed currently on Benelli's website, but I have before when looking for a shorter Comfortech for my M2 Field.

Here is one for sale, and at the same price as others listed on Benelli's website. Sit down before clicking link...

http://www.mackspw.com/Benelli-M2-12...ch-Stock-Black

ETA: Compact Comfortech is a 13 1/8 LOP.
    Last edited by StraitR; 09-17-2017 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Aside from the thinner recoil pad mentioned by Patrick, Benelli does offer a Compact Comfortech stock, but they are very proud of them (more so than standard Benelli stuff, IMO). I don't see one listed currently on Benelli's website, but I have before when looking for a shorter Comfortech for my M2 Field.

Here is one for sale, and at the same price as others listed on Benelli's website. Sit down before clicking link...

http://www.mackspw.com/Benelli-M2-12...ch-Stock-Black

ETA: Compact Comfortech is a 13 1/8 LOP.
    Yea, I didn't want to tell Jaywalker that the stock goes for the price of a decent pumpgun!
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

What price, fantasies?

Can the CT gel pad be ground down if I can find a gunsmith to cut the stock slightly?

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Yea, I didn't want to tell Jaywalker that the stock goes for the price of a decent pumpgun!
    Exactly. The price is truly outrageous. Even the shorter replacement Comfortech recoil pads are crazy expensive ($110). And I wouldn't want to shoot Benneke's or magnum loads on that thin little pad. haha It's a tough decision to invest that much money in a shotgun and then need to spend an additional $420 to get a proper fitting stock. It's something I'm currently weighing out myself while considering a new WC 870 vs. M2 Tactical. I really want the semi M2, but aftermarket support options for 870's is tough to beat.

I have the regular and youth Comfortech stocks. The most economical way to get the youth stock is to buy the M2 field youth with a 26 inch barrel, as that is the model that comes with that stock. I also have the regular Comfortech stocks, and use the thin Benelli pad. There is not that much difference between the youth stock and regular Comfortech, using the thin pad. No issue with Brenneke Classic Magnum slugs with it. (I prefer the 21 inch field M2 as that barrel cuts down to 14 inches with proper spacing on the vent rib.)
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

^^^^^ All good to know. Thanks George.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have the regular and youth Comfortech stocks. The most economical way to get the youth stock is to buy the M2 field youth with a 26 inch barrel, as that is the model that comes with that stock. I also have the regular Comfortech stocks, and use the thin Benelli pad. There is not that much difference between the youth stock and regular Comfortech, using the thin pad. No issue with Brenneke Classic Magnum slugs with it. (I prefer the 21 inch field M2 as that barrel cuts down to 14 inches with proper spacing on the vent rib.)
    Thanks - some clarifications, please.

The numbers we've talked about here so far is 13-1/8" and approximately 13-3/4"; is that about the difference, just off the top of your head. (Don't bother to measure, thanks.)

Do you feel the recoil more with the thin pad or the shorter stock?

You mentioned the Youth model with the 26" barrel but you prefer the 21" barrel for cut down use, true? (Just verifying no typos.)

It's all just notional at this point, but I will call Benelli tomorrow and ask how to achieve the 13.5 or 13.6 inch pulls, but I agree $400 for a buttstock would make me feel silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Thanks - some clarifications, please.

The numbers we've talked about here so far is 13-1/8" and approximately 13-3/4"; is that about the difference, just off the top of your head. (Don't bother to measure, thanks.)

Do you feel the recoil more with the thin pad or the shorter stock?

You mentioned the Youth model with the 26" barrel but you prefer the 21" barrel for cut down use, true? (Just verifying no typos.)

It's all just notional at this point, but I will call Benelli tomorrow and ask how to achieve the 13.5 or 13.6 inch pulls, but I agree $400 for a buttstock would make me feel silly.
    My shotguns are at the hangar, can measure tomorrow. I prefer the short stock on the 26 inch M2, but the 21 inch barrel for NFA use, as it has the correct vent rib spacing to cut to 14. I can't tell the difference between the youth Comfortech and regular one with thinner pad, in terms of recoil.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List