Thread: Leupold's Optics Academy?

Leupold's Optics Academy?

Wasn't sure where to ask this. If it is in the wrong spot my apologies.

Anyone familiar with Leupold's Optics Academy? Especially their RDS pistol class?

Hadn't heard of them until I was looking at something else on their website.

https://www.leupold.com/leupold-core...fensive-pistol

And here's the description ...
    Basic Optical-Sighted Defensive Pistol

This course is designed around building and solidifying the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship in conjunction with the use of a reflex sight as a primary aiming tool.

Learn how to employ a pistol as a primary defense tool in a controlled environment, mastering the basics, then advancing to more dynamic scenarios and drill-based training. In this course, you will gain a solid understanding of the system, deploying it safely, and accurately and confidently. Although there is a focus on the reflex sight, it is not required for course attendance. Pistols with a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro are available for rent to allow you to experience its benefits. This course requires no prior experience and is perfect for those new to the handgun world as well as the experienced shooter looking to master the fundamentals.

ITAR RESTRICTED – Must provide proof of US citizenship

Duration: 2 Days Course Price: $450

For more information, email: RegistrationLOA@Leupold.com

Outline
    Basic Fundamentals
    Drawing and re-holstering
    Loading/Unloading (Admin, Combat, Reduced Capacity)
    Short Dynamics
    Long Dynamics
    Proper utilization of cover
    Malfunction manipulation
    Concealed carry familiarization and techniques
    Required Gear
    Reliable Pistol
    4 Magazines (minimum)
    1000 rds
    Holster
    Concealment Holster
    3 mag pouches (minimum)
    Sturdy belt
    Hearing protection
    Eye protection
    Water / Snacks
    Pants, no shorts
    Note taking gear
    Last edited by Erick Gelhaus; 09-17-2017 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Edited to correct the link & add the school's course description

Link doesn't work. I would really like to see the list of instructors.
    #RESIST

The first link from Serious is the school, the second is the class I was referencing. Not sure why my copy & paste didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Link doesn't work. I would really like to see the list of instructors.
    From a friend: "The instructors are Garth Kendig, who taught at the Oregon Firearms Academy before coming to Leupold, Tim O’Connor, Leupold’s manager of consumer services and an instructor at Gunsite Academy and Baccellieri himself, who served in the U.S. Marines as a scout in a sniper platoon and in the U.S. Army as a sniper. He also served as a sniper school instructor at the NGMTC schoolhouse."
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Oscar Wilde.
    | www.PracticalPerformance.org | Facebook | Instagram |

User Tag List