Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Rights - USA friends: Please don't give them an inch - Australia's insane.

Gun Rights - USA friends: Please don't give them an inch - Australia's insane.

I recall a year or two ago Obama was wanting to introduce some gun laws and was looking to Australia as a prime example of what 'great' firearm laws can accomplish.

The other day a father on their rural farm in Australia confronted an armed intruder with an unloaded .22 rifle. (Didn't point it at the intruder, simply held it as a 'prop'). This caused the intruder to think twice and drop his knife. The end result was the farmer driving the intruder to the police station to hand him in.

A good outcome? Not according to Australian government and police. Their response was first to confiscate all the farmers firearms. Unsure yet of what charges will be laid (against the farmer/victim, not the intruder).

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4...is-home/?cs=11

Rather, what the Australian government has been telling, and expects of it's citizens is to comply and give criminals everything they ask for. "Don't resist. Comply with all criminals demands". I've seen this mentioned numerous times by the authorities, on TV, online and in papers.

And that's exactly what many people have been doing. Numerous times criminals have aggressively entered into people's homes, demanded keys to people's cars, phones, and other items - which most citizens now hand over. (And in many cases still get a beating - just for complying).

We have little to no way of defending ourselves. (Firearms can not be used in self defense here. We're not even allowed to have tazers or pepper spray in our own homes to protect our families with, let alone our property). The only 'weapon' we are permitted is a phone to 'call the police' on.

The end result of course is that this has only made criminals more brazen.

I have no doubt this is where America would have started to head if Obama had have gotten his way. Please don't give them an inch my USA friends. It all began in Australia with what seemed like a simple innocent move from the government - and ever since then has just continued to escalate further and further. Their first request will seem innocent and logical - but the end result is insanity leaving it's citizens as defenseless as lambs amongst wolves. Please learn from our mistakes.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My position on gun control starts with the idea that the physical defense of one's person, loved ones and property against those who would do them harm is a fundamental human right. It is not created, but rather recognized by the United States Constitution. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only country with that fundamental understanding of the dignity, responsibility, and value of human life built into its founding document.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 09-16-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    My position on gun control starts with the idea that the physical defense of one's person, loved ones and property against those who would do them harm is a fundamental human right. It is not created, but rather recognized by the United States Constitution. To the best of my knowledge, this is the only country with that fundamental understanding of the dignity, responsibility, and value of human life built into its founding document.
    But it is constantly under attack, and a startling number of "our" citizens don't appreciate or want to retain it. We live in interesting times.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by -ad- View Post
    I recall a year or two ago Obama was wanting to introduce some gun laws and was looking to Australia as a prime example of what 'great' firearm laws can accomplish.

The other day a father on their rural farm in Australia confronted an armed intruder with an unloaded .22 rifle. (Didn't point it at the intruder, simply held it as a 'prop'). This caused the intruder to think twice and drop his knife. The end result was the farmer driving the intruder to the police station to hand him in.

A good outcome? Not according to Australian government and police. Their response was first to confiscate all the farmers firearms. Unsure yet of what charges will be laid (against the farmer/victim, not the intruder).

Rather, what the Australian government has been telling, and expects of it's citizens is to comply and give criminals everything they ask for. "Don't resist. Comply with all criminals demands". I've seen this mentioned numerous times by the authorities, on TV, online and in papers.

And that's exactly what many people have been doing. Numerous times criminals have aggressively entered into people's homes, demanded keys to people's cars, phones, and other items - which most citizens now hand over. (And in many cases still get a beating - just for complying).

We have little to no way of defending ourselves. (Firearms can not be used in self defense here. We're not even allowed to have tazers or pepper spray in our own homes to protect our families with, let alone our property). The only 'weapon' we are permitted is a phone to 'call the police' on.

I have no doubt this is where America would have started to head if Obama had have gotten his way. Please don't give them an inch my USA friends. It all began in Australia with what seemed like a simple innocent move from the government - and ever since then has just continued to escalate further and further. Their first request will seem innocent and logical - but the end result is insanity leaving it's citizens as defenseless as lambs amongst wolves. Please learn from our mistakes.

This is why the Trump election was a victory. Not because he's America savior but because it meant the left loss. Leftism is destroying all wisdom, and when wisdom falls the West falls.

So if you are being attacked can you defend yourself? If I understand it right even cops can't carry off duty.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by -ad- View Post

Thank you for the reminder.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    So if you are being attacked can you defend yourself?
    No. The use of a firearm (and most any other weapon, depending on the jurisdiction) to defend against violent assault is forbidden. In their frenzy to legislate violence out of the human condition, the UK and Australia have essentially abolished the concept of self defense in any meaningful legal sense.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

People don't want to be responsible for themselves, either for providing or for defending. I get it, nobody wants to shoot anybody and everyone wants to find a scapegoat when their life sucks. I don't like carrying a gun and I dread the thought of capping an asshole but the reality is that you can't have freedom without risk of someone abusing it. So you can either completely and utterly submit to the government or be prepared for the remote possibility that some lazy shithead may try to take what's yours instead of working for his own.

Fuck that. I'll own guns and do my own thing and just accept the risk that comes with it.

You don' need a gun, money, or anything else those in power don't think you need. But don't worry they will provide and protect you, after all they know what best for you better than you do, just look at how well it's working for them.

Site Supporter
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  13.5 KB
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 09-17-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Since Obama was elected we've become very adept at telling lawmakers to shove it up their ass. So far so good outside of a few traditionally communist shithole states.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List