Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Breaking shots at speed

Site Supporter
    I'm in agreement with the advice from @Wayne Dobbs and @Clusterfrack on first page. Why? Because I dry fire and use command fire drills and @Mr_White recommendations above. It seems to work for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFY9823rcj8

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
    I'm in agreement with the advice from @Wayne Dobbs and @Clusterfrack on first page. Why? Because I dry fire and use command fire drills and @Mr_White recommendations above. It seems to work for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFY9823rcj8
    Awesome.

I'm in agreement with the advice from @Wayne Dobbs and @Clusterfrack on first page. Why? Because I dry fire and use command fire drills and @Mr_White recommendations above. It seems to work for me:
    Awesome video Mr Pink!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Awesome video Mr Pink!
    Thanks! I learned a thing or two from a class I took from Pistol Shooting Solutions

@Wayne Dobbs, curious if you think it is worthwhile to do the commander fire drill with a rimfire conversion on the pistol, like those made the Glock or Beretta that replace the whole top end and the magazine with a 22LR setup.

I'd like to hear your thoughts if you don't mind elaborating.

Awesome.

I find videos such as yours both very discouraging and encouraging. On one hand, they show the obvious gaps in my current skillset and it's difficult to imagine being able to clear my shirt, establish a solid strong-hand grip, draw, ensure a good mate with my support hand, align my sights and score an A in under a second. I'm currently hitting As at around a 1.5s to 1.7s time when I'm running a strong-side paddle holster without a cover garment. On the other hand, given that I have some athletic inclination, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to achieve the same level of proficiency if I put in the work. I'm betting on that last part being true...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    Awesome.

I find videos such as yours both very discouraging and encouraging. On one hand, they show the obvious gaps in my current skillset and it's difficult to imagine being able to clear my shirt, establish a solid strong-hand grip, draw, ensure a good mate with my support hand, align my sights and score an A in under a second. I'm currently hitting As at around a 1.5s to 1.7s time when I'm running a strong-side paddle holster without a cover garment. On the other hand, given that I have some athletic inclination, I see no reason why I shouldn't be able to achieve the same level of proficiency if I put in the work. I'm betting on that last part being true...
    Thank you. You are absolutely correct that having some athletic inclination should make it easy to achieve those same levels. I know of at least one world class, USPSA Grand-Master that has about zero athletic inclination and he would also tell me "if I can do it, you can too". I look forward to hearing about your progress.

User Tag List