Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: What is something expensive you don't regret buying?

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    PWS T3 complete rifle. Favorite rimfire suppressor host ever! Like, slick, great trigger and uses all my 10/22 mags.
    So you've had good luck with it? Reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    So you've had good luck with it? Reliable?
    Exceptional rig. It's one of the first 100 made. Only item I changed was removing the Raptor stock in favor of a hogue. Weighs almost nothing, silly accurate. Put a Leupold 2.5x20 scope on it and I sincerely adore shooting this thing with a CCI SV & Fed AE Suppressor ammo. I giggle when waiting for the slugs to arrive on steel at long range. It really is a great favorite.

Other suppressed favorite is a 15/22 SBR.

Name:  IMG_0262.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  37.9 KB
    Last edited by jandbj; 09-23-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I kinda want one because of this song.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh5zTCdNH_0
    Hadn't heard that one in a long time.

What is something expensive you don't regret buying?

1. Good Leather- I'm a huge fan of Ryan Grizzle's work.

2. My H&K's- Other guns may run as well for less, but I have always wanted HK's.

3. One of my dream cars...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Would you guys spend more on a specific model of vehicle due to aesthetics or specific features?
    Yup. Bought the Cobra when I could have bought a brand new GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by H&KFanNC; 09-23-2017 at 11:10 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ. We've put over 50% of the purchase price back in in parts and upgrades but love driving it around with the top off.

It's a third vehicle/weekend cruiser but we have totally loved having it.

Ridgid 4512 table saw. I was looking at several job site saws to build a table around, but went with a bigger/heavier cabinet saw and have loved it.

Rogue R-4 squat rack. I could have done something smaller/cheaper, but it's been a work horse. I squat fairly at home alone and don't worry that it will let me down and kill me in the garage.

All of my Arc'teryx jackets. I've had my outer layer for a decade and it's still excellent.

I've spent a ton of time getting stronger and fitter, and I don't regret any of that until friends ask me to help them move.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Memento Mori

Quote Originally Posted by pointfiveoh View Post

I've spent a ton of time getting stronger and fitter, and I don't regret any of that until friends ask me to help them move.

I've owned a truck of some type since I was 16 and I've lost count of how many people have asked me to help them move or move something. I haven't lost count of how many I've said yes to lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I've owned a truck of some type since I was 16 and I've lost count of how many people have asked me to help them move or move something. I haven't lost count of how many I've said yes to lol.
    I used to have a long bed Silverado, so it was a double whammy!

Memento Mori

Quote Originally Posted by H&KFanNC View Post
    1. Good Leather- I'm a huge fan of Ryan Grizzle's work.

2. My H&K's- Other guns may run as well for less, but I have always wanted HK's.

3. One of my dream cars...

Yup. Bought the Cobra when I could have bought a brand new GT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OOOOOOHH!

I absolutely CANNOT have a car like that.

There is a very good reason why I drive an old FJ62 Land Cruiser and bought an Enduro for a bike instead of a Cafe bike. If I had that car, I would not had a driver's license for very long, or at least my insurance rates would be horrible.

I may have once taken the boss's car (training seminar) the back way to Vegas one time and found out that the Chevy Caprice governs the motors at 150 MPH... Thank goodness the other detective who was traveling with me was taking a nap. There is NO WAY she would have kept quiet.

I'd LOVE that Cobra, but I know myself too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    My response would be "Sure. I'll drive, you load."

My Toyota BJ-40 Landcruiser SWB was one I didn't regret buying, but I wasn't really driving it enough to justify having it. I sold it to my neighbor, who is driving it by my house right as I type this.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List