Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: What is something expensive you don't regret buying?

1. Accuracy International AT
    2. Carbon full suspension MTB.

I'm a shameless crossfitter and have been for about 6 years now. I don't regret buying my Nike Romaleo lifting shoes which cost me around $200. It seems stupid for a pair of shoes that were designed with only one purpose in mind but they completely changed my Oly Lifting game.
    I've never regretted spending money on quality footwear in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    It makes absolutely no sense to me when people buy guns or other items that are "almost, kind of sort of" what they want, and in the process buy 2 or 3 versions of "Kind of what they want", spending a substantial amount of money in the process, and never really obtaining something they are truly happy with.

Personally I would rather have ONE rifle, EXACTLY how I want, instead of 3 rifles, sort of how I like them. So in the case of spending "too much on Grail Guns", as far as I am concerned, if it makes you happy, you did it right, and you would never be satisfied otherwise.

If that "Grail Gun" is a clean 4506, or an old Pinned and Recessed Model 29, don't settle.
    Sometimes it ain't a "grail gun", it's "collectoritis". I have a hard time defining what is a "grail gun" for me, because I go through phases. Suffice to say, anytime a wheel gun comes my way, I am inclined to look hard at it. "RevolverRob" isn't just a screen-name, it's a way of life. Right now I've got my eye on a 6" Colt Police Positive in .32-20 (because a long time ago, someone gave me a box of .32-20 ammo and since then I've needed a .32-20 gun)...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    (...I've needed a .32-20 gun)...
    32-20 is a neat cartridge to shoot and load for. I have a S&W M&P 32-20.

The last "grail gun" I had was a K32 32SWL. I stumbled across one a few years ago. It was a bit rough cosmetically, but mechanically sound and priced to sell. I could have immediately flipped that gun for twice what I paid. Now, I'd like to have a "nicer" or "older" version, but both descriptors come with a 4 figure price tag, so I'm content with my "grail lite".

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    It makes absolutely no sense to me when people buy guns or other items that are "almost, kind of sort of" what they want, and in the process buy 2 or 3 versions of "Kind of what they want", spending a substantial amount of money in the process, and never really obtaining something they are truly happy with.

I used to think this back when I was in HS but never had the scratch. Outta college I kinda splurged my first few paychecks but once the student loan bills came I went back to being cheap AF, consequently spending too much money buying two or three of a thing to avoid buying only one thing. My wife has been rather good at convincing me to get what I want if we can swing it and since working like that our spending cash has been much more plentiful as we're not getting a bunch of cheap shit and then the good thing.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sometimes it ain't a "grail gun", it's "collectoritis".
    Isn't that really hard for men to find, or am I thinking of something else?

LOWA Hiking shoes, worth every cent.Attachment 20273. Next time I will stay with boot, just for better ankle support.

Site Supporter
    Sometimes it ain't a "grail gun", it's "collectoritis". I have a hard time defining what is a "grail gun" for me, because I go through phases. Suffice to say, anytime a wheel gun comes my way, I am inclined to look hard at it. "RevolverRob" isn't just a screen-name, it's a way of life. Right now I've got my eye on a 6" Colt Police Positive in .32-20 (because a long time ago, someone gave me a box of .32-20 ammo and since then I've needed a .32-20 gun)...
    I kinda want one because of this song.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh5zTCdNH_0

PWS T3 complete rifle. Favorite rimfire suppressor host ever! Like, slick, great trigger and uses all my 10/22 mags.

Oh yeah I almost forgot. I bought a well established business rather than starting from scratch and I don't regret it.

User Tag List