Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: What is something expensive you don't regret buying?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    OOOOOOHH!

I absolutely CANNOT have a car like that.

There is a very good reason why I drive an old FJ62 Land Cruiser and bought an Enduro for a bike instead of a Cafe bike. If I had that car, I would not had a driver's license for very long, or at least my insurance rates would be horrible.

I may have once taken the boss's car (training seminar) the back way to Vegas one time and found out that the Chevy Caprice governs the motors at 150 MPH... Thank goodness the other detective who was traveling with me was taking a nap. There is NO WAY she would have kept quiet.

I'd LOVE that Cobra, but I know myself too well.
    LR,

You ever come through Eastern NC, we'll go for a ride!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Friend, I will keep that in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My response would be "Sure. I'll drive, you load."

My Toyota BJ-40 Landcruiser SWB was one I didn't regret buying, but I wasn't really driving it enough to justify having it. I sold it to my neighbor, who is driving it by my house right as I type this.
    I have a serious case of the wants for a BJ-40.

That kind of sounds dirty.

There is a high school kid that has one local to me that looks like it was a total frame-off restoration. Complete with GOBI Safari rack, LED lights, the whole works. Old school green and white. I bet it has 45K in it, and is was very tastefully done, not overdone. And it is a 17 year old kid driving it. Kills me. He waves and gives me the thumbs up when he drives by while I am in my FJ62.

For us, our home gym. Over time, it has paid for itself compared to a gym membership. Especially when combined with spending the money to get my wife crossfit level one certified...it's something she's passionate about, and more educated on than me.

Name:  Home Gym.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  35.3 KB

It's got a couple of Rogue bars, a Concept 2 rower, a Rogue fold back wall mount rack, plenty of weights, a sled, 1.5 and 1 pood kettlebells, horse stall mats for the floor, box for box jumps, and a sandbag I made out of an old duffel bag. The next addition we have planned is an assault bike. Hard to beat the convenience of a garage gym, and a spouse motivated to work out and to trash talk you if you want to skip a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I have a serious case of the wants for a BJ-40.

That kind of sounds dirty.

There is a high school kid that has one local to me that looks like it was a total frame-off restoration. Complete with GOBI Safari rack, LED lights, the whole works. Old school green and white. I bet it has 45K in it, and is was very tastefully done, not overdone. And it is a 17 year old kid driving it. Kills me. He waves and gives me the thumbs up when he drives by while I am in my FJ62.
    Have to admit that I have a case of the wantsies for an older diesel landcruiser, too. Needn't be a frame-off restoration, but mechanically sound and in reasonable shape. What does it take to find one or is it basically a collector-only affair by now?
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

- William Pitt the Younger

Danner boots.

Les Baer 1911 pistols.

Ipad Pro.

User Tag List