Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What is something expensive you don't regret buying?

2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax with Diamondback bed cover. My first brand new car ever. It replaced a 1997 Tacoma 4x4 that I drove for about 12 years. I have always tried to be frugal with vehicle purchases but I wanted something unmolested that I knew the history of.

Either of my Dillon 650's.. Bought the second about a week ago, from a friend that needed cash, also got the press,(which is about a year old, I helped him set it up) casefeeder, strong mount, 6 brand new in the bag primer filler tubes, 33lbs of powder, (24lbs of which are unopened 8 lb jugs) 20,900primers(large and small pistol, and small rifle) and about 1200 L.C. 5.56 cases that have been sized, trimmed, primer pockets swaged, and about half are primed..

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax with Diamondback bed cover. My first brand new car ever. It replaced a 1997 Tacoma 4x4 that I drove for about 12 years. I have always tried to be frugal with vehicle purchases but I wanted something unmolested that I knew the history of.
    Good for you. I don't care what Dave Ramsey says, I buy new vehicles. For work it's a little different, I usually have 7-8 trucks/vans and we drive them into the ground so long term (cost per year) it's not as much with no maintenance up front. On the personal side I grew up with no money and s*** cars and God's been good to me, new vehicles are a luxury I can afford. I'm not a baller, I've only got one (my wife's 4Runner, I just drive a work truck everywhere), but still.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 09-18-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Site Supporter
    My 2010 6.2 Raptor. ADD bumpers, wench and lights. Then Icon Vehicle Dynamics Suspension.

Sinn U2 watch.

HK pistols; Styer AUG; DD MK18.

Keepers holsters.

Taking the family to Europe for 10 days.

American made boots/shoes;
    Alden's X2
    Whites boots
    Chippewa
    Oak St. boot makers
    Red Wing
    Wolverine.

Hammertime

What is something expensive you don't regret buying?

Our house. Expensive and we use the crap out of it. Love it.

Jones bikes steel diamond frame with truss fork. Many great adventures.

http://www.jonesbikes.com/framesets/

~2013 Rock Shox Pike 29" through axle fork. This fork seemed stupid expensive, but revolutionized technical riding for me with its incredible stiffness and damping.

Used BMW Z3 play car. Total unnecessary luxury and a huge mental blessing.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 09-18-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Site Supporter
    Many pairs of Danner boots over the last 20 years. They saved my feet, and I continue to wear them. We bought a new Honda Accord four years ago. We splurged, and it's been great. My wife loves expensive purses and shoes, and I enjoy shopping with her and buying these items.
    I've owned a large number of fine firearms and first class reloading equipment. I'm enjoying giving away some of the guns and much of the reloading equipment. Anybody have a son or daughter that would like to reload but can't swing the purchase? If so, contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    My 2010 6.2 Raptor. ADD bumpers, wench and lights. Then Icon Vehicle Dynamics Suspension.
    A good wench can keep you going in otherwise impassable spots!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Tempurpedic mattress
    Screened porch with side deck add-on
    Cars
    Shoes
    CRK folders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    A good wench can keep you going in otherwise impassable spots!
    And keep you warm at night.

Chris

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Forgot to mention: PRK (e.g., LASIK). Best money I ever spent.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List