Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: .40 S&W -- "hard to sell right now"

While not my favorite round, I like .40, and I like being able to shoot it well. During every panic, it is the ammo I could always find. I haven't been around this long enough to spot trends, but this may just be a low cycle in the round's popularity and we may someday wish it was less popular, sort of like it is now. In some ways, I've always preferred a Glock 23 to a 19.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Based on this thread, I have two super, super lowball bids in on gunbroker. Curious to see if I get lucky.
    i got a M&P45 for $300 that way

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    i got a M&P45 for $300 that way
    This is not much of a brag, but I got a 2015-manufacture like-new Springfield XD-9 4" Service a few months ago for $265 including my FFL's transfer fee.

I mostly just got it because I like collecting popular/reference pistols, no intent to carry or use for any serious purpose, but for $265 it has been fun to range-plink with.

Gunbroker low-balling is so dangerous to the wallet.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 09-16-2017 at 12:54 AM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Gunbroker low-balling is so dangerous to the wallet.
    Tell me about it. Hold my beer...

I actually have right next to me on my nightstand a Glock 35 with 2 mags of Federal 180gr HST. I really like that gun. I would own another. I will definitely carry it sometime this winter.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I will definitely carry it sometime this winter.
    I live in an area that gets really cold, and super-heavy clothing layers are one of the main drivers of persistent .40 popularity with LE in the area.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I just picked up a police trade in full size usp for $422 out the door. Only 40 I have. I figured at that price I can't go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still 40 cal here , I like the round. The negatives I see people mention about the round have never really bothered me and did not notice them.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Still 40 cal here , I like the round. The negatives I see people mention about the round have never really bothered me and did not notice them.
    Yeah, the .40 is certainly in a slump, and handgun sales are down in general. My local shop has a nice condition PX4 compact for $299 in .40. Came really, really close to picking it up, but have other things on my agenda. So close, if not for the paperwork, I'd have gotten it.

It is somewhat surprising. My wife is still a stalwart .40S&W fan (despite the fact that she hasn't shot in years). She does tend to be fairly myopic in her decisions though.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

User Tag List