Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Polishing OEM Glock Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    With the Gen 5s being out for a while now, has anyone felt the need to do this ‘trigger job’ on one? What were the results if so?
    Not a "need", but rather an SOP for myself and Glocks. I know, "dry fire will do that for you", but what if you could both dry fire and polish the trigger parts lightly?!!!

Results: I spent way less than five minutes total doing quick, light polish, and my trigger feels like I did a thousand dry fires. Not a mathematician, but that seems like a excellent ROI.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    If anyone believes shooting a lubricated Glock trigger 1,000 rounds equals a good trigger they have never shot a Glock with a good trigger.
    Yup.
    Wasn't a Glock, but a company expert once told me that his guns didn't need "trigger jobs," just 2000 dryfires.
    So I clicked that sucker through the evening news for a while, and shot it a good deal, too.
    2000 snaps and bangs later, I could tell no difference, so I sent it to a reputable gunsmith who made it a lot nicer.

Materials of construction: We see a lot of people bemoaning the decline into plastic and MIM gun parts, with the occasional residual grumble over cast pieces.
    I go back a gun generation further, we thought the industry was hopeless when stamped parts started replacing milled.
    But these days nobody thinks anything unusual about the working parts of his pistol being banged out on a punch press. But that is why your Glocks are so often rough and generally inconsistent. Bent sheet metal is just not very uniform.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    And this lack of uniformity is the reason that swapping out trigger bars can result in a smoother trigger.

Installed the Ghost Ranger Trigger 4.5 connector yesterday. Dry firing afterwards noticeable difference some of the choppy creep was gone. Try to get to the range later today.Attachment 21409

Back from the range. How can such a small little piece of metal make such a huge overall improvement... Better trigger pull made for tighter groups on paper. Now to see if changing the springs will further enhance the overall performance
    Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Installed the Ghost Ranger Trigger 4.5 connector yesterday. Dry firing afterwards noticeable difference some of the choppy creep was gone. Try to get to the range later today.Attachment 21409

My 2 cents, which may not be worth 2 cents.

The stamped parts that make up the assembly are different IMO from pistol to pistol to a degree. I can only imagine that some parts wind up getting more or less attention during the process than others, which is why some pistols of the same model and generation feel different than others.

I did the well known 25 cent polish job on my 19.3. I started with a Dremel using Mothers Metal polish. In trying to achieve perfection I went too far on the firing pin safety and polished though the plating. So, I went to my spare parts and got out a new FP safety and polished this one by hand. Much better. I moved on the the rest of the parts and had a good result.

The lesson learned; Polish by hand where you can, you stand much less of a chance of going too far. Polishing by hand is more difficult and time consuming. If you must use a Dremel use low, very low RPM and check it often.

My result; A noticeable difference. A much smoother consistent press, the "herky-jerky pull was gone. I liked it so well I polished my 26.3 as well. IMO I would recommend it especially if you are not happy with what you have.

SCD
    Last edited by SC_Dave; 11-16-2017 at 09:18 AM.

User Tag List