Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polishing OEM Glock Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Made it to the range today. No significant improvements observed after polishing the metal trigger parts. Brought my HK USP 45, Compact along, its been along time since I had it to the range. Between the HK & 19, I shot the HK with a greater accuracy. ps and the Hk didn't hit me in the face or head with any brass.
    what kind of shooting were you doing? on the timer? drills? plinking?

Site Supporter
    Unless my information is incorrect, Glock applies trigger parts and the safety plunger with .0002-3 of electroless nickel and then bakes the finish for additional hardness. Surface imperfections are on the bare metal itself. Using a power tool on these parts will very quickly remove the electroless nickel coating. The ultra smooth finish achieved would be on the softer base metal which will quickly wear. With wear come malfunctions. I've found that the best method for achieving better Glock triggers is switching out trigger bars. I do use Flitz polish applied with a Q-Tip. I've not shot a Glock with a non OEM trigger. My guess is that certain Robar treatments would produce a fine trigger.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    There are still some Glocks that no matter what you do with the stock parts the trigger will suck. I have one. Compared to my other Glocks the trigger has multiple crunchy spots.
    That has not been my experience. Any mass produce parts produce have slightly different tolerances and produce different results. You can always improve upon a trigger that feels "less than".

Quote Originally Posted by UnoZero View Post
    I had a Gen 4 19. Never could get the trigger how I wanted. Got light primer strikes with a Gen 3 bar. Ultimately sold it it (with the Gen 4 bar reinstalled, which worked fine). Polishing helped, but some guns just "do what they do" and you're stuck with it. It worked, every time, just couldn't quite get it to where I wanted it to be. It wasn't even the trigger pull so much, there was just a very heavy, pronounced "snap" every time it released the striker no matter how I monkeyed with the springs. Not at all like any of my Gen 3's.

You can take 3 identical guns, put identical components in each one, and have three different trigger pulls. Just gotta experiment.

Best thing you can do though is the 1000 Round Trigger Job, but yeah, light polishing will speed that up.
    If anyone believes shooting a lubricated Glock trigger 1,000 rounds equals a good trigger they have never shot a Glock with a good trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    That has not been my experience. Any mass produce parts produce have slightly different tolerances and produce different results. You can always improve upon a trigger that feels "less than".
    I use suck in comparison to other Glocks. Any trigger can be improved, I have never run across a stock Glock trigger that wasn't shootable.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    If anyone believes shooting a lubricated Glock trigger 1,000 rounds equals a good trigger they have never shot a Glock with a good trigger.
    I've owned many Glocks, some stock and some far from it, and I wouldn't say Glocks need breaking in but in all cases the trigger smoothed out after enough shooting. Whether it's a "good" trigger is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I use suck in comparison to other Glocks. Any trigger can be improved, I have never run across a stock Glock trigger that wasn't shootable.
    Right. I run Suarez flat triggers and 3.5# connectors in all of mine. That's my starting point. You could start messing with trigger and striker springs and it'd probably feel and function just fine, but IME in some guns it may lighten the pull but it loses crispness (gets mushy). I'd rather have a crisp trigger than a lighter one. Like I said, every individual Glock will feel a little different even if you put the same parts in them.

And since all mine get cycled into the carry rotation depending on what I want to carry that day, I'm not inclined to run a bunch of light springs in them. "But my Glock has..." Yes I'm sure it does and works fine. Just my preference.
    Last edited by Darth_Uno; 10-11-2017 at 08:30 AM.

After several trips to the range "NO" noticeable improvement(from polishing & dry firing). Ordered a Ranger 4.5 connector kit. Will pop it in and see. Update after trigger time.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What the heck do people use for a polishing compound when doing a .25 trigger job with a Dremel polishing wheel that can possibly ruin the parts and make the gun unsafe? As a test I've tried to alter the dimensions of a scrap trigger bar using Flitz and a Dremel, it takes much more effort than you'd ever expend doing a simple ten second buff.
    Toothpaste, no shit.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Toothpaste, no shit.
    Lol. Toothpaste can be really abrasive, so I can see how that could do it. We used to use Pearl Drops to lap in brass model gears.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

My GEN5 G17 does have the best out of the box trigger I've yet to encounter on a Glock. I haven't felt the need to polish it up, but am curious how that works out for folks.
    With the Gen 5s being out for a while now, has anyone felt the need to do this ‘trigger job’ on one? What were the results if so?

User Tag List