Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polishing OEM Glock Trigger

Site Supporter
    YMMV Greatly. I have been shooting Glocks since 1990. The most reliable, repeatable triggers I have had and used came the 5.5 TRS with a "minus" connector, a dab of grease/lub on the bearing surfaces and thousands of dry fires/live fires. Move away from this formula, particularly with non OEM parts or parts that get "polished" to the point that metal is removed at your own peril.

It is not a 1911 trigger and is never going to be. If that is driving your train then 1. get a 1911 or 2. consider the offerings of Apex for the M&P.

Be safe and well all.

The introduction of the dot connector did much to improve the original GEN4 trigger pull. Sometimes I install a factory '-' connector, but I do not use aftermarket trigger parts in my Glocks.

I do find a judicious hand polish of OEM parts does help smooth out the trigger. Or you could just dry fire the snot out of it.

My GEN5 G17 does have the best out of the box trigger I've yet to encounter on a Glock. I haven't felt the need to polish it up, but am curious how that works out for folks.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I have worked on many Glock triggers, most for range only. All were improved and none ever malfunctioned.
    If you do not know what you are doing do not do it.
    Last edited by JBP55; 09-16-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What the heck do people use for a polishing compound when doing a .25 trigger job with a Dremel polishing wheel that can possibly ruin the parts and make the gun unsafe? As a test I've tried to alter the dimensions of a scrap trigger bar using Flitz and a Dremel, it takes much more effort than you'd ever expend doing a simple ten second buff.
    I use toothpaste on Dremel brush wheel thing (not wire, nylon,I think). No shit.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 09-16-2017 at 08:27 PM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What the heck do people use for a polishing compound when doing a .25 trigger job with a Dremel polishing wheel that can possibly ruin the parts and make the gun unsafe? As a test I've tried to alter the dimensions of a scrap trigger bar using Flitz and a Dremel, it takes much more effort than you'd ever expend doing a simple ten second buff.
    I agree. No idea how long you would have to have flitz and a dremel on the connector to ruin it. It would take awhile. The whole process is pretty much idiot proof.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Now, if you used an abrasive wheel instead of a polishing wheel or point I can see where you could very easily get into trouble...

There are still some Glocks that no matter what you do with the stock parts the trigger will suck. I have one. Compared to my other Glocks the trigger has multiple crunchy spots.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I had a Gen 4 19. Never could get the trigger how I wanted. Got light primer strikes with a Gen 3 bar. Ultimately sold it it (with the Gen 4 bar reinstalled, which worked fine). Polishing helped, but some guns just "do what they do" and you're stuck with it. It worked, every time, just couldn't quite get it to where I wanted it to be. It wasn't even the trigger pull so much, there was just a very heavy, pronounced "snap" every time it released the striker no matter how I monkeyed with the springs. Not at all like any of my Gen 3's.

You can take 3 identical guns, put identical components in each one, and have three different trigger pulls. Just gotta experiment.

Best thing you can do though is the 1000 Round Trigger Job, but yeah, light polishing will speed that up.

Made it to the range today. No significant improvements observed after polishing the metal trigger parts. Brought my HK USP 45, Compact along, its been along time since I had it to the range. Between the HK & 19, I shot the HK with a greater accuracy. ps and the Hk didn't hit me in the face or head with any brass.

I have been doing the .25 Cent trigger job for years. I do it by hand (Mother's Mag Polish on a rag) no dremel , then oil as Glock specifies. Last, I'm probably an odd ball here, I install the NY1 trigger spring. I do like the feel of the NY1, it doesn't feel heavier to me just smoother and more consistent.

User Tag List